Got my hololens today, and OMFG! THIS THING IS AWESOME!!!

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I am too buys playing with this thing, so some quick thoughts:

Battery life is much better than I though, you take the thing off for a break WAY before battery dies.

THIS THING IS AWESOME!

RoboRaid is ABSOLUTELY unbelievable. If you get one to play with, make sure to not only scan the room you are in, but adjoining rooms you want to play through. I just had a RoboRaid battle that went through three large rooms.

FOV - definitely needs to be better. You really only notice when working in static apps. You don't notice at all when playing RoboRaid.

Needs a more comfy nose piece - maybe with something like memory foam. You don't notice the unit on your head - except the nose, and you really start noticing the weight on your nose after about an hour.

Did I say: THIS THING IS AWESOME!

I LOVE how this thing remembers what you have put where. I placed some apps and holograms all throughout my house (even different stories of the house), and after running the big system update, they were all there, PERFECTLY located.

Overall, I am EXTREMELY impressed. The only thing that really bugs me is the video you take while using it is absolutely awful, so you really can't send someone a video and say "look at this awesome game that lets me blow holes through my walls to kill some robo scorpion that is climbing behind them trying to kill me" - simply because the video looks NOTHING as great as the game itself.

Anyway, back to hid more objects in my house under holograms. I have already created a drinking game - you must wear the hololens and find the bottle of tequila that is behind hidden by a hologram!

dbam987

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Congrats! It definitely is a piece of the future. My workplace acquired a unit and I got a chance to take it out for a spin. Just need to conjure up an app for it now...