Andy Rubin backed Hololens competitor, CAST AR, bites the dust

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Employees only found out after a meeting yesterday that they were laid off except for a core group that will oversee the liquidation of assets. Sad.

How is Magic Leap doing?

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I think Magic Leap has no idea what the **** they are doing. What I've heard lately is a mix of "still trying to make a device that truly enshews the philosophy of Mixed reality" and "copying the hololens but not saying that they are copying it"

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Employees only found out after a meeting yesterday that they were laid off except for a core group that will oversee the liquidation of assets. Sad.

How is Magic Leap doing?

Last I heard they had gone from a light glasses like display to something bulkier with cables. I think they are struggling with engineering their concept into an actual proto.

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Last I heard they had gone from a light glasses like display to something bulkier with cables. I think they are struggling with engineering their concept into an actual proto.

heh. All their "it's going to be sooo amazing" bluster with zero evidence was getting annoying. I think my brother-in-law has one of their wavy thingy controllers but never uses it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs