Mixed reality loading SLOW

Akamaigirl777

Dec 19, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I have an Alienware R4 with a 7th i7 16gb and a 1070; although it loaded and managed to get through the setup, the Steam VR public rooms end up just timing out, while the others, even when just trying to view sample videos, just spins and never loads. Even the Holograms in the WindowsVR Home take forever to load to.... I have to make a decision on keeping the machine... I did have some very odd issues with the internet connectivity on this thing that 'seem' to be better after a complete reset, but I'm just trying to see if others having the same issue or is it this machine..? BTW I;m using a Samsung Odyssey hmd and controllers. The controllers go haywire, but I'm hoping that will change over time.

Thanks for any advice!

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
It is key that the HDMI port is 2.0+, along with the USB port having full capability. I might also check your power saving settings and make sure that USB power isn't going to sleep.

mrpuny

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
What you wrote sounds like you're focused on SteamVR apps. Have you tried working with native WMR apps much? I haven't tried SteamVR yet, but I've been using a Lenovo Explorer setup on a fairly low-spec PC compared to yours: Ryzen 3 w/ 8GB RAM, GTX 1050Ti. Performance in "Cliff house" and native WMR apps has been good. Controller behavior has also been good; only real issue I've found so far is that when trying to switch weapons/shields in Space Pirate Trainer (native WMR version) by reaching over the shoulder, it sometimes takes a few tries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo