What's your favorite VR Games or type of games?

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

Big fan of horror games, and racing simulator games. One of my particular favorite racing game is Project Cars, which I got to play at Centertec, a local VR arcade. And for horror, how about Red Iron Labs, Abduction!

So what are some of your favorite games for VR?

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
Fallout 4. There's a reason HTC is giving it with the purchase of a Vive.

It is only the stock game (no mods), but it is so immersive that the first time I played and saw a radroach in the vault, I think I might have peed a little!

Rec Room is also one of my favorites. It's goofy graphics make it easy to have online multiplayer work well.

Cale Hunt

WC Staff Writer
Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm certainly partial to first-person shooters, but the more I play Brass Tactics, the more I'm enjoying VR RTS. Like krisguy said, Fallout 4 is still a lot of fun, even if you just go in and try to wreak as much havoc as possible.

WillAK

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
I love Portal Stories: VR, SUPERHOT VR, Tilt brush, and Audioshield. Portal Stories is short, but if you liked Portal (or even if you didn't) it is AMAZING!

onemoredave

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I loved Arizona sunshine, The Gallery I+II, Superhot and Google Earth along with multiplayers like Bridge Crew and Iron Wolf , but lately I've been gravitating towards creative tools like Mindshow, Blocks and a bit of Tvori.

I think I've spent more time in Mindshow that any other VR game and is hands down my favorite. It's quite satisfying to have created something tangible and shareable in your VR session. Like this one:https://youtu.be/v5fPhXkgOnw

Agniva Das1

Mar 24, 2018
Visit site
As of my vr experience i have been loving playing star trek in my friend's house with it and also i wanna play assassin's creed rogue,syndicate,origins which currently is microsoft working on an i really want to experience what fun and amazement can i get from the oculus rift bundle which is quite exciting......Excitement !!!!

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Anyone knows, by experience, if the VR Skyrim game is really worth buying? I have the Vive since launch and was waiting for a proper AAA game experience, is this it?
Cheers

cprice27

Mar 26, 2018
Visit site
The best game that I've played so far is Lone Echo. It is well worth the price tag with it's hours and hours of fun. I also really enjoy puzzle type games...one awesome one is called Form. I haven't really tried any shooting games, but look forward to it.

onemoredave

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I also really enjoy puzzle type games...one awesome one is called Form.

Form is a great, beautiful and well thought out game - but also very short. 15USD for ~1hr gameplay of this quality was acceptable to me, but possibly not to others. If you liked that one, check out the The Gallery 1 (sale 19.99) +2 (29.99) they're about 5 hours each.

onemoredave

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I'm new in the whole VR world, actually I have never being able to try one u.u any recommendation?

If I was recommending one game, I would absolutely recommend "The Lab" it's free, it's fun, and its got something for everyone. The archery game is a brilliant, plus there's a dog that you can throw sticks for.

Who doesn't love a good doggo!

Last edited:

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
Microsoft Stores use The Lab as the Vive demo. If you have one close by, check it out.

As for AAA, right now your best bet is Fallout VR.

onemoredave

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I bought Obduction a while back when it was on sale but hadn't played it until this weekend, My impressions (six hours in) are that it is an awesome, beautiful game. I'm about half way through and can't wait to play the rest of it! The environments are stunning.

On a slight negative, it is a puzzle game, so it's supposed to be puzzling but there are a few puzzles that are reliant on the player picking up entirely too subtle clues. When the compass points to both the licence plate and the phonebooth you'll understand. This sort of blockage leads to frustration and I've found this guide exceptionally helpful when I get really stuck.

It is a beautiful game, the scenery is amazing. Highly recommended.

Mister Brendon

Apr 3, 2018
Visit site
I like Theseus (3th person), The ruins (very dificult), Knockout (training), racket fury (ultra phisic realist); machine hunter (simple bow), highNoon...

Leonakitty

Apr 5, 2018
Visit site
I can't say for sure as I don't own a VR headset, but in theory I think a Portal game would be amazing in VR.
Also I wonder what the best simulation game for VR is, I love those.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb