What brought your attention into VR

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I first entered VR with a cheap Google cardboard a year or two ago. Then, I graduated to a still cheap, but improved VR headset. For the past year, I haven't touched those two things. In fact, I didn't really explore any VR at all. Recently, I bought an HP MR headset. I'm really blown away by it. I don't know where VR is heading, but right now, it's a really cool thing to have.

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
The first time I tried was with a cheap Google cardboard as well but I wasn't really impressed until I bought the HTC Vive ;)

Belle_Celeste

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
The games, primarily, and to see how technology is progressing forward. When the Wii came out, I had to get it because it was the "new" thing in technology. Then there was the 3DS. VR headsets were a bit more pricey to jump straight into Day 1 on release, so I've been waiting for price to drop. Instead, I've watched a lot of gaming channels on Youtube where they're trying out different VR headsets/games, and it looks really fun!

MikeInOhio

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
The thing that got me interested in the space was the HoloLens demo at Build. The message that VR/AR/MR could go beyond gaming and had (real) real-world uses was intriguing. So when M$ announced cheaper MR headsets I thought I would investigate. Turns out gaming is pretty fun.

Belle_Celeste

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
Definitely the games. I watch a lot of gaming channels on Youtube so I was able to see a variety of them being tested out when it was first released.

I have always been a huge fan of roller coaster/amusement park games, and was absolutely fascinated when they introduced first-person camera view so that you could actually experience the ride yourself (about 3-4 different games used to do this) when I was a kid. Considering I was amazed by something like that, you can imagine how much more realistic it must be in a VR headset! :grin:

onemoredave

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I loved the idea of being able to strap in and go somewhere else, experience something else. Reading the reviews for the Apollo 13 experience was likely what convinced me of the merits of VR even though it was niche and would likely remain so for a few years.

richiegore

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
It's cool to hear about all these amazing things people are enjoying in VR, learning alot and getting really hyped to get a headset and try them!

LtDarthWookie

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I always wanted one but when I got to try Space Pirate Trainer on a friend's Vive I was blown away. It was incredible and I worked up a sweat playing that game. He had several people over and we spent hours playing games rotating in and out. Trying out demos. It was a blast.

richiegore

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I always wanted one but when I got to try Space Pirate Trainer on a friend's Vive I was blown away. It was incredible and I worked up a sweat playing that game. He had several people over and we spent hours playing games rotating in and out. Trying out demos. It was a blast.

Wow, space pirate trainer looks intense and seriously cool!

L0n3N1nja

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
Got a Gear VR free with my S7 a couple years ago, honestly haven't touched it in over 6 months.

With the content currently available I'm just not interested, was fun to play with for a bit but got boring fast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12