05-30-2018 01:08 PM
40 12
tools
    Folks,

Big fan of horror games, and racing simulator games. One of my particular favorite racing game is Project Cars, which I got to play at Centertec, a local VR arcade. And for horror, how about Red Iron Labs, Abduction!

So what are some of your favorite games for VR?
    03-06-2018 03:32 PM
    Fallout 4. There's a reason HTC is giving it with the purchase of a Vive.

It is only the stock game (no mods), but it is so immersive that the first time I played and saw a radroach in the vault, I think I might have peed a little!

Rec Room is also one of my favorites. It's goofy graphics make it easy to have online multiplayer work well.
    pkcable likes this.
    03-08-2018 04:20 PM
    I'm certainly partial to first-person shooters, but the more I play Brass Tactics, the more I'm enjoying VR RTS. Like krisguy said, Fallout 4 is still a lot of fun, even if you just go in and try to wreak as much havoc as possible.
    03-16-2018 12:25 PM
    I love Portal Stories: VR, SUPERHOT VR, Tilt brush, and Audioshield. Portal Stories is short, but if you liked Portal (or even if you didn't) it is AMAZING!
    03-23-2018 12:48 PM
    I loved Arizona sunshine, The Gallery I+II, Superhot and Google Earth along with multiplayers like Bridge Crew and Iron Wolf , but lately I've been gravitating towards creative tools like Mindshow, Blocks and a bit of Tvori.

I think I've spent more time in Mindshow that any other VR game and is hands down my favorite. It's quite satisfying to have created something tangible and shareable in your VR session. Like this one:
    Cale Hunt likes this.
    03-23-2018 10:31 PM
    As of my vr experience i have been loving playing star trek in my friend's house with it and also i wanna play assassin's creed rogue,syndicate,origins which currently is microsoft working on an i really want to experience what fun and amazement can i get from the oculus rift bundle which is quite exciting......Excitement !!!!
    Cale Hunt likes this.
    03-24-2018 11:43 AM
    Anyone knows, by experience, if the VR Skyrim game is really worth buying? I have the Vive since launch and was waiting for a proper AAA game experience, is this it?
    Cheers
    03-25-2018 04:49 AM
    The best game that I've played so far is Lone Echo. It is well worth the price tag with it's hours and hours of fun. I also really enjoy puzzle type games...one awesome one is called Form. I haven't really tried any shooting games, but look forward to it.
    03-26-2018 11:48 AM
    I also really enjoy puzzle type games...one awesome one is called Form.
    Form is a great, beautiful and well thought out game - but also very short. 15USD for ~1hr gameplay of this quality was acceptable to me, but possibly not to others. If you liked that one, check out the The Gallery 1 (sale 19.99) +2 (29.99) they're about 5 hours each.
    03-28-2018 02:50 AM
    I'm new in the whole VR world, actually I have never being able to try one u.u any recommendation?
    03-28-2018 03:13 AM
    I'm new in the whole VR world, actually I have never being able to try one u.u any recommendation?
    If I was recommending one game, I would absolutely recommend "The Lab" it's free, it's fun, and its got something for everyone. The archery game is a brilliant, plus there's a dog that you can throw sticks for.

Who doesn't love a good doggo!
    Last edited by onemoredave; 03-28-2018 at 08:18 AM. Reason: added the doggo bit ;-)
    03-28-2018 08:17 AM
    Microsoft Stores use The Lab as the Vive demo. If you have one close by, check it out.

As for AAA, right now your best bet is Fallout VR.
    03-29-2018 11:40 AM
    Rick & Morty is a hoot! You don't HAVE to be a fan, but it's so much fun if you are!
    03-29-2018 03:24 PM
    Rick & Morty is a hoot! You don't HAVE to be a fan, but it's so much fun if you are!
    I haven't tried it yet but I know Russell loves it. I'll try it one day, I didn't mind the show.
    03-29-2018 10:11 PM
    I bought Obduction a while back when it was on sale but hadn't played it until this weekend, My impressions (six hours in) are that it is an awesome, beautiful game. I'm about half way through and can't wait to play the rest of it! The environments are stunning.

On a slight negative, it is a puzzle game, so it's supposed to be puzzling but there are a few puzzles that are reliant on the player picking up entirely too subtle clues. When the compass points to both the licence plate and the phonebooth you'll understand. This sort of blockage leads to frustration and I've found this guide exceptionally helpful when I get really stuck.

It is a beautiful game, the scenery is amazing. Highly recommended.
    04-01-2018 07:53 AM
    Which is the best game for space combat currently?
    04-01-2018 02:00 PM
    Which is the best game for space combat currently?

Star Trek Bridge Crew?
    04-02-2018 02:08 PM
    I like Theseus (3th person), The ruins (very dificult), Knockout (training), racket fury (ultra phisic realist); machine hunter (simple bow), highNoon...
    04-03-2018 05:19 PM
    I can't say for sure as I don't own a VR headset, but in theory I think a Portal game would be amazing in VR.
    Also I wonder what the best simulation game for VR is, I love those.
    04-05-2018 02:20 PM
    I can't say for sure as I don't own a VR headset, but in theory I think a Portal game would be amazing in VR.
    Also I wonder what the best simulation game for VR is, I love those.
    People mention Elite Dangerous Arena a lot. Check it out.
    04-05-2018 07:31 PM
    Could you imagine if they remade Left 4 Dead in VR? That game was already plenty anxiety-producing without immersing you entirely in it.
    04-06-2018 12:45 PM
    Zombie Army Trilogy would be pretty sweet in VR too.
    04-06-2018 04:57 PM
    I'm surprised they haven't remade Myst as a VR game...
    Scienceguy Labs and Joe920 like this.
    04-07-2018 09:51 AM
    I'm surprised they haven't remade Myst as a VR game...
    I used to love that game back in the day. I'd love to see a VR version of it someone soon.
    04-08-2018 03:14 PM
    I used to love that game back in the day. I'd love to see a VR version of it someone soon.
    They've created one recently https://obduction.com
    Scienceguy Labs and pkcable like this.
    04-08-2018 03:47 PM
40 12