Ringtones on WP8

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
If you haven't tried I just did. I just plug my L920 into my PC used file explorer to drag and drop a MP3 file into the Ringtones folder on my device. This song now shows in my ringtones I can set it as my ringtone in settings. Supper easy.

cddigi

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Did you have to shorten the song? I saw this too when I plugged it in, but I used Audacity to shorten it to thirty seconds. I didn't think to just drag and drop.

MrSWMBO

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
custom ringtone per contact

I have a custom ringtone on my wife's L920. I added myself to her contacts and assigned the custom ringtone so that she would know it was me calling. But, it doesn't seem to work.

What am I doing wrong?

Moocowdeluxe

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but as a new WP user coming from iOS, I'm disappointed to see that you can't seem to use custom tones for emails, voicemails, or text/IMs.

AgentTheGreat

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
If you haven't tried I just did. I just plug my L920 into my PC used file explorer to drag and drop a MP3 file into the Ringtones folder on my device. This song now shows in my ringtones I can set it as my ringtone in settings. Supper easy.
What pains me is that the most basic feature present in 2004 feature phones is being applauded on a 2012 smart phone.
People's reaction is quite logical; they should be happy. But omission of this and others like it in such a big, advanced OS is completely illogical.

From an implementation standpoint too, it's just a matter of reading a file from that address instead of this one. Takes 32.5 minutes to implement TOPS, and 2 days to test by 1 developer TOPS.
Same goes for attaching any file type to emails, or attaching multiple files.
I just don't get it.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
This is awesome thanks for the tip! This I do love about WP8. So much easier then fiddling with all the zune stuff.

burnerasc

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have a few basic or classic ringtones they would mind sharing? Just got the 8x coming from an HD7 and really pissed they got rid of the actual phone sounding ringtones, all that's on there are these rancid jingles and beeps :mad:

enderschosen

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I was just wondering about this. In Windows 7 you couldn't assign specific ringtones for text messages per contact, has that been changed in windows 8?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077