So I can add tones to the ring tone folder, but they only show up in the ring tone section. Is there anyway I can add tones to the various messaging/email/voicemail folders?

Thanks!
    04-09-2013 02:06 PM
    Hi, have just got a Nokia lumia520.. And downloaded the free ringtones app for windows 8.. Once I'd down loaded a few ringtones.. Where do they get stored too?? As I can't find them! Any idea's where too look too find them , so I can add too my contacts as incoming sounds etc.. Any ideas please.... Many thanks, if u can Help...
    If you go to Settings, ringtones you will find your downloaded tones under Custom. You will need to scroll right to the top of the page to find them.
    No is the simple answer to this. We can only add custom tones for incoming calls.
    boneycat likes this.
    04-09-2013 02:20 PM
    That sucks. Thanks for the reply.
    04-09-2013 02:23 PM
    It certainly does suck but the optimist in me gives me the feeling that it may be added in a future update.
    04-09-2013 02:54 PM
    That sucks, hope future updates fixes this :)
    04-09-2013 06:05 PM
    On WP8, the feature to add custom ringtones for messages, voicemail, and email is still not possible, as they only show up in the incoming calls section. On WP7, it's possible via homebrew app called MyRingtone2SMS, so long as you can sideload unsigned applications to your device with a XAP deployer associated in the handset already.
    04-09-2013 07:39 PM
    Well crud, I was hoping to come in here and find out that there WAS a way to use the tones and ringers for messages. :-(

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen using Tapatalk
    08-09-2013 07:15 PM
    On WP8, the feature to add custom ringtones for messages, voicemail, and email is still not possible, as they only show up in the incoming calls section. On WP7, it's possible via homebrew app called MyRingtone2SMS, so long as you can sideload unsigned applications to your device with a XAP deployer associated in the handset already.
    That's walking on the dark side of windows phones...
    08-26-2013 04:35 AM
    Hi, have just got a Nokia lumia520.. And downloaded the free ringtones app for windows 8.. Once I'd down loaded a few ringtones.. Where do they get stored too?? As I can't find them! Any idea's where too look too find them , so I can add too my contacts as incoming sounds etc.. Any ideas please.... Many thanks, if u can Help...
    01-11-2014 01:58 PM
    If you go to Settings, ringtones you will find your downloaded tones under Custom. You will need to scroll right to the top of the page to find them.
    01-11-2014 02:40 PM