WPCentral Contest: Submit your Nokia Glance Background!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Unquello

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
IM Glance BG.jpg

My favorite superhero! I wish I knew who made the original image as it is fantastic. I found this image on a generic "mobile phone wallpaper" site. It was in landscape with a cool grey grid background. Unfortunately, the image as it was didn't look very good in Glance. So I brought it into Pixlr, added vertical canvas space, cropped it to the 9:16 shown instead of the original 16:9, adjusted the levels to blacken the background and lighten the line art, sampled the new black background, and then filled the added canvas with the sampled background color. Download the image and see how great it looks on your phone for yourself. I was going to upload a shot of the phone, but you need to see it with your own eyes to do it justice. No changes in the app settings; just use the image as is.

Shellhead FTW! :cool:

Last edited:

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Just curious. I can find the Glance Background app through the link from WP Central, but when I search the store I cannot for the life of me find the app. Why is that? I'm running a Lumina 928.

You can get it directly from the Nokia beta labs, but they require sign-in... https://betalabs.nokia.com/trials/Glance-Background

There are links and a QR code at the bottom of this WPCentral article... Video: Hands on with Nokia. The QR code took me directly to the app in the store.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

Alon Levin

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
For the wrestling lovers. Edge glance wallpaper
IMG_20131011_235743.jpg

And here's the original
edge.jpg

Here's how you do it:
1. First effect on the 4th
2. Second effect B&W

added screenshots below:

wp_ss_20131012_0002.jpg
wp_ss_20131012_0003.jpg

Steffen Stello

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
WP_20131011_004.jpgSydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge, Aus.jpeg

(Note to the text below: I went to my laptop to attach the pictures.)

I wonder how a picture is attached to this message sent from my Lumia 920.
Anyway I have created a glance picture from one of the most beautiful buildings in the world. One of the seven wonder's, namely the Opera House in Sydney. I love that building and the story about it's construction. A nightmare.
I found the picture on the Internet, changed the color picture to greytone and did the last manipulation in the glance background application.
I love the result.
Now I want to attach pictures, but haven't found the way yet.

Last edited:

zinksilver

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Weavile.png
Because I'm a huge Pok?mon fan (an addict, to be honest) and my favourite of all time is Weavile (and the pre-evo Sneasel), I decided to keep him on my Glance Background. People would be like: uhuuu how do you have an image+clock without pressing the power button? AND ask me what creature/character was that with the appearance of an evil cat.

It's a win-win for me, no matter what.

I used the slider at,1/4 and colour: multi-color.
*or should I call it neutral/rainbow? :p

Here is said image: (edit) ok what the... IE on my Windows Phone was not working well with this forum's editor so it moved to top (and keyboard kept auto-closing o_O). Anyways sorry for the huge image, guys, I didn't look at the dimensions and thought it was smaller :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre