creating win 10 iso bootable dvd on computer running vista

John0602

Apr 10, 2018
Visit site
I have followed the How to upgrade from vista on this site but only describes how to create the iso using usb. I have downloaded the folder from Microsoft, copied the files to a dvd, changed the boot sequence to the dvd drive but the disk does not load. Somehow this just seems too easy. What am I missing here?

thanx,
JOhn

John0602

Apr 10, 2018
Visit site
Thats what I thought. i'm old school so I still talk in terms of folders and files. So i have a folder downloaded from Microsoft containing 4 folders and 4 files resting in my downloads folder. Is that what you refer to as an image? Or do I have to create the image using some application? and then make it bootable? Struggling with the process.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Find the iso file and if you have a DVD-RW on your PC, then you probably have the burning software such as Roxio Creator to create a bootable DVD. Double click on the iso and if the software is installed, it should open automatically b/c most will auto associate iso files to itself during the install. It should be pretty intuitive from there. If you have a DVD-RW but not the software, you can buy it via the link I included above. Or just use a free app such as the one in my first post that allows you to mount the iso as a virtual drive. Windows 7, 8, and 10 have the ability built in but Vista doesn't so that's why you need an app. After you install it, right click on the iso file and you should see a "Mount" option, description may vary, that will then display a virtual CD drive with setup files. Then just double click the setup.exe or whatever is the install file.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6