anon(631531)

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Could use some help, guys. The latest update for my Windows 10 Home, wiped out my sound. No music from WMP, no sound from u-tube, no sound from cortana. Is it a driver problem? Should i try to reset all the sound settings? Maybe just wait for the next update to fix the problem? :crying:

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Probably a driver problem. In Device Manager, expand the option for "Sound, video, and game controllers", right click on the device(s), and in the status box, see if any are reporting a problem and/or that the driver isn't installed. Have you checked the hardware manufacturer's support site for the latest versions? If it's a brand such as Dell or HP, you probably have an app installed to check and install updates.

anon(631531)

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried the recovery option, that resets Windows to default settings, and then re-installs Windows with your saved files, but new system files?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Make sure in sound properties you're outputting to speakers. On my experience when it comes to HDMI or even display port, Windows seems to like to set the display as default. Well my monitors don't have speakers so no sound.

Setting the default back to whatever has speakers fixes things.

I actually disable the monitors as audio devices to prevent it from happening.

anon(631531)

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a partitioned hard drive on my mid-2010 MBP. The Apple sound drivers that i need for Windows 10 Home can't be installed, because Apple doesn't support an "older" MBP. This coming straight from Apple. I'm back on Windows 7 Home Premium, where everything works great. End of story.:eck:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos