Will Windows 9 (Threshold) be genuinely new or more of the same?

Anthony112409p

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I heard on the Verge that Microsoft actually contacted a designer who made a unique and awesome Win9 concept and they actually tried to hire the guy. The concept he created was incredibly unique and combined certain good design elements of Win8 and merged them with a completely new asthetic. The concept looked easier to navigate, to find what you want, to be productive, etc... However, it didn't really look like Win8 at all. Navigation was different, apps looked different, and the color scheme was totally different. For developers, it likely would be a dream for multiple reasons. However, the fact that Microsoft actually tried to hire the guy based on this unique and awesome concept makes me think that they could be headed in the right direction with Win9, that maybe we'll get something truly unique when it launches. What do you all think? Something awesome and unique or just more of the same, like a Windows 8.2?

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Ah yes I remember that post well. It's old (2012), but I did like it and hopefully some of that inspiration trickles into Windows 9.

Anthony112409p

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Ah yes I remember that post well. It's old (2012), but I did like it and hopefully some of that inspiration trickles into Windows 9.

Yeah and it looks like MS did incorporate some of the this guy's design elements. I am hoping they take it further this time around, though, like they should have done in the first place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99