The Windows Threshold: My Concept

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I chose not to stray to far from what has leaked from the Technical Preview builds. I just attempted to make a little more sense of things and clean it up a tad.

Start Menu
All desktop applications receive updated "modern" icons, but will feature a "Desktop" indicator/logo in the upper right corner of the tiled icon to distinguish it from a modern app. Cortana dynamically updates within the taskbar with upcoming reminders.
w9_desktop_startrmenu.jpg

Notification Center + Cortana
The Windows Notification Center spans across the bottom of the screen to reveal notifications for the PC and connected Windows smartphones. Additionally, it features the Cortana digital assistant.
w9_desktop_notification.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I definitely would prefer a less obtrusive notification centre. Having the notifications take over 1/3 of my screen would not be something I'd like. That would be an annoyance to me, since it would interfere with whatever I'm doing.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I definitely would prefer a less obtrusive notification centre. Having the notifications take over 1/3 of my screen would not be something I'd like. That would be an annoyance to me, since it would interfere with whatever I'm doing.

Thanks for the feedback. I designed it this way as it would be something that only displays when you click the notification center icon. You would have some kind of indicator on the notification icon informing you that new notifications are available, versus an annoying pop up every now there's another event.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. I designed it this way as it would be something that only displays when you click the notification center icon. You would have some kind of indicator on the notification icon informing you that new notifications are available, versus an annoying pop up every now there's another event.

I could live with it as long as the notifications were unobtrusive and could be easily disabled. For instance, I wouldn't want any notifications at all I were watching Netflix or playing a game.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium