a new notification system

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
in the current windows phone 8.1, when we get the notification it shows as a banner at the top of the screen and it goes away by swiping it to the side thus showing the beginning of a text message or an email , whatever the case. Similarly, the notification center only shows the beginning of the text we just received.

I feel like the banner system and the notification center should and could be richer in terms of information. and here are my ideas
Banner : I think it would be a good idea if the banner text moves from right to left revealing the rest of the notification and it would be even better if we can control it by moving it with our finger

notification center : same goes to the notification center texts

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I think it's fine as is and would rather have then work in stuff like, attaching stuff to an email within the email client itself.

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
You know that tapping the notification takes you to the complete message?

Come on man you're insulting me :eek:
Of course I know that but what if I just want to have a quick look at the contents of the text without opening it or launching the app

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
In that case I fail to understand what else you want bringing to the party? Trying to build in the full functionality of each app into Notifications does not seem to be a good way to go.

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
In that case I fail to understand what else you want bringing to the party? Trying to build in the full functionality of each app into Notifications does not seem to be a good way to go.

Why are you saying so ?
The app is already active as it is tied to the notification system , if they get to the point where the banner is moving , I believe it will add a nice touch and make windows phone ahead of the other platforms

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Why are you saying so ?
The app is already active as it is tied to the notification system , if they get to the point where the banner is moving , I believe it will add a nice touch and make windows phone ahead of the other platforms

The banner doesn't stay up long enough for that to be a useful element imo.

markyjns

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Well if you want something like that then what about read and respond from within the notification as iOS now does without leaving the notification centre?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon