Are You Trying Out The Preview of Windows 10

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thought it might be interesting to see who's taking the plunge right away and going for the Technical Preview and who's being more cautious.

Feel free to discuss....

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm super torn right now.
I want to jump right in and go to town and upgrade as we get closer, but then again I should back off a bit and hope nothing crippling happens.

So tempted... I'll probably download it and freeze before installing it.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely! I'm doing it. Apple has OSX and Microsoft has WOSX. Awesome. I plan to pick up a new 500 gig and start fresh.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I wasn't going to but with an SP3 with 8 gee bees of RAM sitting idle I think I'll jump in.... In a VM of course. :)

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Considering it. Would love to try it on my Surface Pro 3. But it's my main device and I use it daily for school and work. So ill see about getting it on another machine.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Use a bootable...VHD.... great for testing on real hardware. No need for VM or partitions.

VHD=Virtual HARD DISK....is a single file running Windows 10...once done delete it..Expands to 40GB

No performance hit..same as native install.

Last edited:

Arnab_Roy

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Actually I'm excited about the tech preview. Waiting for that bloody download to go live. And little confused whether to use VM or my second pc.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm not excited about Windows anymore, so I'll wait until consumer release to see it. Most likely won't use it, tbh. Really trying to figure out where I fit in with OS's now. Don't like using a Mac, but I now feel the same about Windows. Anything Google is never an option for me, so I'm stuck in OS limbo for the time being, lol.

TechmeIN64

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to wait at least a month for the initial bugs to be squashed and hear about whose data was wiped and whether the download is safe and whatnot. I'd love to try it out tomorrow, but since I don't have a second machine and I'm not quite techie enough to be completely comfortable, I'll have to wait a bit.

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Thought it might be interesting to see who's taking the plunge right away and going for the Technical Preview and who's being more cautious.

Feel free to discuss....

I've already dedicated one of my (non-critical) laptops to the cause and am eagerly awaiting the download page going live :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster