Windows 10 a disapointment, hybrids and tablets are dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Na, I think Microsoft knew Windows 8 would fail because people don't like a lot of change, which is why people complained a lot. Now they've heard all the complaints, and want more to make sure Windows 10 will be a good, viable OS for everybody.

Yeah, people find a reason to complain, take XP, people wanted it to be more secure, which brought Vista, but it was too secure, which brought 7.

Now you have 8 which brought a drastically new idea, so next you'll have 10 which has all the scared people appraising it (and confused about the name).

Glad Microsoft has that kind of money, or there'd be another world of hurt, heh.

yeah though the windows 8 is bad thing is very very overhyped imho,sure it was a drastic change and had infamous wifi issues with my laptops model,but it was fixed fast by dell(drivers)
vista was great but it used too much resources and was buggy with wifi etc ,i have no clue how i survived with vista on my vaio!! once i put windows 7 and then 8,its blazing

the xp arguement is one i can never understand,i understand people who have xp-specific software and cannot afford to change to 7 because of higher costs etc
but going to the extent of bad mouthing 7 and 8 was bad on the part of many reviews

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Lol, most laptops don't come with the configuration I have, I have decent mid-range specifications and my laptop cost nearly $1000, plus I can always expand the RAM beyond 4 GB.

Again, my apps run the same with maybe a few performance bumps that are barely noticeable, but as far as the whole "Metro" apps go, they are quite slow, plus the Windows Store takes ages to load so I generally stay from it, and I can often see stuttering when moving between my live tiles. I am willing to make a whole video on this.

No, I believe I didn't say that. While I do prefer Android over Windows Phone(not saying that Windows Phone is bad), I've never been an avid supporter of Chrome OS. So you've got the wrong guy here.

your laptop cost cannot be $1000 unless its a macbook air
that config comes as low as $700 with HP,lenovo etc
you did say chrome os is better than windows now etc in that other thread

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry, but this argument makes absolutely zero sense. People are saying that Windows 8 performs better than Windows 7 (which it does). You are arguing with them and basically saying that in your experience Windows 8 has roughly the same performance as Windows 7 for desktop programs, but that Windows 8 is slower than Windows 7 for Metro apps.

How can Windows 8 be slower at Metro apps? Windows 7 doesn't even run Metro apps. Even if it takes a month for Windows 8 to load or refresh a Metro app that will still be much faster than NEVER on Windows 7.

Why are you comparing the Metro version of software on Windows 8 to the desktop version on Windows 7? Apples and oranges. Use the desktop version of the software on Windows 8. You know you can do that right?

When I said that Metro apps and the UI I was slow, my primary point was that most of all the "refinements" that Microsoft had claimed to add we're unpolished or unoptimized.

The concepts we're great, I loved the live tiles, the new OTA updates, the store but it was so badly implemented. The Metro apps introduced in Windows 8 we're quite slow, most times. The Store would take ages to load which makes me use the Desktop more and more.

I count on Windows 10 to improve things, because Windows 8 for me was a a great concept but badly implemented.

your laptop cost cannot be $1000 unless its a macbook air
that config comes as low as $700 with HP,lenovo etc
you did say chrome os is better than windows now etc in that other thread

I bought my laptop over an year ago, since then prices have gone down since newer versions of Intel processors are being used, but I bought it somewhere in the $800 - $900 range, it's called the Sony Vaio Fit15.

And I never said that Chrome OS was better, unless you have proof don't accuse me.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Why are here people fighting so much?

Windows 10 hasn't even released yet & people are coming up with their disappointment?

Cursing windows 10 would surely make sense when it officially comes out, until then its useless

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
When I said that Metro apps and the UI I was slow, my primary point was that most of all the "refinements" that Microsoft had claimed to add we're unpolished or unoptimized.

The concepts we're great, I loved the live tiles, the new OTA updates, the store but it was so badly implemented. The Metro apps introduced in Windows 8 we're quite slow, most times. The Store would take ages to load which makes me use the Desktop more and more.

I count on Windows 10 to improve things, because Windows 8 for me was a a great concept but badly implemented.

I bought my laptop over an year ago, since then prices have gone down since newer versions of Intel processors are being used, but I bought it somewhere in the $800 - $900 range, it's called the Sony Vaio Fit15.

And I never said that Chrome OS was better, unless you have proof don't accuse me.

dude calm down,vaio fit15 was always for $600-700 here
you said chrome os is better,go see your previous posts

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Why are here people fighting so much?

Windows 10 hasn't even released yet & people are coming up with their disappointment?

Cursing windows 10 would surely make sense when it officially comes out, until then its useless
+620 there's a ton of features like notification centre, Cortana, etc which they haven't seen yet. No sense to complain on such an early, incomplete preview build.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Clean install 8.1, and then tell me if your statements hold true after that.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
+620 there's a ton of features like notification centre, Cortana, etc which they haven't seen yet. No sense to complain on such an early, incomplete preview build.

Yes, they should realise the meaning of an alpha or beta version.
Showing disappointment before an OS is released, how funny does it sound? 😁

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
yeah though the windows 8 is bad thing is very very overhyped imho,sure it was a drastic change and had infamous wifi issues with my laptops model,but it was fixed fast by dell(drivers)
vista was great but it used too much resources and was buggy with wifi etc ,i have no clue how i survived with vista on my vaio!! once i put windows 7 and then 8,its blazing

the xp arguement is one i can never understand,i understand people who have xp-specific software and cannot afford to change to 7 because of higher costs etc
but going to the extent of bad mouthing 7 and 8 was bad on the part of many reviews
Actually Vista is not as an bad OS as many of the internet bloggers put it so. The hardware at that time was too old to run vista efficiently. Then MS released Windows 7, and by that time new hardware was in the hands of many people by then, so it received positive reviews. Windows Vista SP2= Windows 7. There's no difference between the two in performance. You just need the right hardware. Windows Vista Home Basic ran perfectly on my 2007 HP PC with a Pentium D and 512mb ram for casual web browsing and Office. Most people had 256mb/lower ram at that time :)

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, they should realise the meaning of an alpha or beta version.
Showing disappointment before an OS is released, how funny does it sound? ��

I thought the whole idea of joining the Insider Program was to test the Alpha version and let MS know what is good/bad about it so they can get a version of windows that everyone likes

Telling people not to mention issues/disappointments is funny because doing this MS will just carry on developing windows how they want it and not what the consumer wants

They might not listen to feedback, but this early build is there for people to provide it, whether that is good or bad feedback

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I thought the whole idea of joining the Insider Program was to test the Alpha version and let MS know what is good/bad about it so they can get a version of windows that everyone likes

Telling people not to mention issues/disappointments is funny because doing this MS will just carry on developing windows how they want it and not what the consumer wants

Telling issues is fine, only when the windows 10 comes out officially. If some people are having issues with the official update, surely you could curse MS as much as you want, they can always come up with a new update. Here people are reacting as if windows 10 is going to be the last version. You really think that MS would come up with windows 10, without properly testing it? MS or any other company comes up with its own features, if they think that its lacking some, they come up with another update.

Many of the issues told in this thread would surely get resolved once the official version is out. If you are trying something in beta/alpha version, you should also accept that it would surely have some bugs, because the name itself says that. Because that's not the official version, its just for some people desperate enough to try windows 10, that to with many missing features.

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Telling issues is fine, only when the windows 10 comes out officially. If some people are having issues with the official update, surely you could curse MS as much as you want, they can always come up with a new update. Here people are reacting as if windows 10 is going to be the last version. You really think that MS would come up with windows 10, without properly testing it? MS or any other company comes up with its own features, if they think that its lacking some, they come up with another update.

Many of the issues told in this thread would surely get resolved once the official version is out. If you are trying something in beta/alpha version, you should also accept that it would surely have some bugs, because the name itself says that. Because that's not the official version, its just for some people desperate enough to try windows 10, that to with many missing features.
On your first point I disagree, this is why the Alpha/Beta is open to everyone, it is for people to provide feedback on what is good/bad about the system, MS will test it for what they want it to be and make sure it is bug free but they want feedback from people who use it daily
If I where to find a usability issue with the new start menu, but MS thinks it works fine then it will not change, if thousands of people report the same thing MS might change it, this is what the improvement program is for, to tell them what Is good or bad about the new system

I agree on your other point, bugs/issues are expected in these early release and these will be fixed my MS by the time is it released

I just hope people are using the feedback tool to report their issues to MS and not just posting on forums

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Alpha/beta versions are open to everyone, I know its for a good/bad feedback, but just getting disappointed before official release, how does that sound? We are months away from the official release of WP 10. Before that people are disappointed, claiming windows/WP10 as a failure. There are even more threads like this which says about the disappointment of WP 10. Is it justified?

Last edited:

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Alpha/beta versions are open to everyone, I know its for a good/bad feedback, but just getting disappointed before official release, how does that sound? We are months away from the official release of WP 10. Before that people are disappointed, claiming WP10 as a failure. There are even more threads like this which says about the disappointment of WP 10. Is it justified?

I agree with what you say here, we might be nearly 12 months away from official release, so it is too early to be disappointed as a lot will change between now and the official release

I have no problem with people having either positive or negative views on it so far, I just hope they are being sent to MS and not just aired on a forum (and people need to remember this is a Desktop preview, touch side has not been done yet)

Imagine a few years ago if MS had done the same thing and opened up 8 for everyone to test/provide feedback, it could have been much better received than it has

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I agree with what you say here, we might be nearly 12 months away from official release, so it is too early to be disappointed as a lot will change between now and the official release

I have no problem with people having either positive or negative views on it so far, I just hope they are being sent to MS and not just aired on a forum (and people need to remember this is a Desktop preview, touch side has not been done yet)

Imagine a few years ago if MS had done the same thing and opened up 8 for everyone to test/provide feedback, it could have been much better received than it has

Lets say MS is trying

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
dude calm down,vaio fit15 was always for $600-700 here
you said chrome os is better,go see your previous posts

It's more expensive in my country.

I never said that Chrome OS was better than Windows.

When you guys kept annoying me in another thread about Android's security, I just mentioned that if security is what matters to you most why do all of you use Windows and not Chrome OS?

I never said Chrome OS was the best though.

Clean install 8.1, and then tell me if your statements hold true after that.

Obviously an OS won't lag after a clean install, but Windows 8 bogs down significantly after a while which shouldn't be the case.

Luckily according to the videos I'm seeing from Windows 10 it seems to have gotten much faster, go Microsoft. Haha. :)

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Google was never mentioned here, I'm still waiting on Microsoft to fix the issues I have with Windows, not Google.

The problem with speed that I have is primarily with all Windows 8 applications and the UI in general. Most of my apps run just as well, primarily heavy gaming titles like FarCry 3 or Batman Arkham City but the UI is so god damn slow, even the Skype app takes ages to refresh, and many other Metro apps.

For some reason i have the same issue on Modern UI. Both PCs are i7 no-slouch things that execute everything well, from BF3 to COD to Tropico and SimCity etc. Modern UI is slow. All the transitions, market etc. have always been very slow, especially on the other PC (Acer 8951G with some modifications made in Taiwan when purchased including 16GB ram and a slightly more powerful CPU+ 1.2 TB HDD, 7200rpm). Still it's slow. The Acer V7 is quick like hell instead. Everything works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234