Windows 10 Technical Preview bits available midnight? Or on a 10am PT schedule as usual?

flapadlr

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I have my Windows 7 Pro box set up as a virtual. Wondering if I should stay up until midnight to start the download or if MS will release the Insider Program on a more normal schedule for them, which is 10amPT?

Also, I think we're only getting Enterprise edition as this is for corporate users. Total speculation.

Ivan

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Probably 10 AM. They're still preparing the Insider Program so I doubt it would be released so late.

As for the Enterprise edition, I wouldn't be so sure. In Joe's video, he mentions enthusiasts and how their feedback is important, it might be just a default build (similar to the regular edition of Windows 8.1.)

MTodd326

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing, but I don't know. Since I'm EST, midnight is still 3AM here.

It's probably not a specific 'enterprise build' - they'll probably have whatever features that they're confident will stay in W10 (or evolve but still remain), and when they get closer to the consumer preview, differentiate features between 'enterprise', 'consumer', 'pro', etc. It will probably resemble Pro the closest, or what we know today as Pro. They really talked up the enterprise management features though, so it's anyone's guess at the moment. We'll see tomorrow!

MTodd326

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
It's available now via preview.windows.com

There's the standard technical preview - which isn't a specific skew (see my guess above).

There's also a link for an enterprise edition preview, which I'm guessing has more device management previews, etc.

Happy Downloading!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck