03-19-2017 07:32 AM
94 1234
tools
    I can't change the brightness level of the laptop. The usual keys are not working after installation.
    07-30-2015 12:10 AM
    Downloaded 10 when it was made available , download process was fine usual restarts required. Start up login fine , like the new layout easy to use, but Firefox had been disabled and replaced. Lap top is a Toshiba Satellite 755D and the Toshiba apps had been disabled including the web cam wireless LAN and other system apps.
    I could only connect to the net by connecting in an ethernet cable direct to my router form the lap top.
    Went into network setting to detect problems screen message came up No wireless network detected.
    So went back and restored 7 and all is fine again. I wonder has Microsoft made a "one size fits all" system that does not allow for the fact that there are many individually branded machines that use Windows system and they might tailor it to fit their individual apps.
    I also have an OS X desktop and the last two system upgrades have downloaded perfectly and worked with no issues.

I won't download to my other lap top to save the hassle, and will wait until I have to replace the lap top to get a pre installed system by the manufacturer.
    08-01-2015 05:42 AM
    I'm having a problem with hyperlinks, I think. They're all appearing bright yellow on my computer with pop-ups of all kinds and system text. It may be more than hyperlinks, but I'm not sure. This problem occurred a while back when I updated Windows 8, but it didn't show up again. For some reason, I thought I had to upgrade to evade my suffering at the hands of Windows 8, but now Windows 10 is being difficult, at least just with this issue, for now.
    08-01-2015 08:50 AM
    My Hp g6-1340se Just Didn't finished the Windows 10 Upgrade. it freezes on 75% configuring settings.. so sad
    08-01-2015 06:37 PM
    Touchscreen on Dell Inspiron5 does not work at all when you use any browser. Will work on main screens or to enter apps but not after. I have tried to re-calibrate, check to ensure drivers are up to date and the computer continues to say everything is fine. I just got my laptop 3 months ago and so sorry I upgraded to crap. Upgrades that removed a function that was a major consideration when I purchased it. I will be calling Dell tomorrow to see if there is a way to take it back to 8.1, seriously upset that this upgrade DOWNGRADED my system. Note: my computer screen is clean!! What kind of answer is that anyway?
    08-02-2015 05:48 PM
    Since upgrading to W10, my Toshiba Satellite C675-S7200 has slowed down considerably. I regret making the change from W7. If I used my notebook more, the aggravation would be unbearable. Thank goodness for mobile technology.
    08-02-2015 07:29 PM
    When I try to access my drives from this PC it automatically closes. I cannot acess to my files :(
    Just want to sort out this issue.
    08-02-2015 10:35 PM
    the upgrade did something to my graphics card too. I cant play Minecraft any longer but i can play some others game. When we try to uninstall and reinstall the graphics card it fails every time. It also stops reading the right click on the mouse we we go to watch a movie.
    08-05-2015 10:40 AM
    I downloaded a free copy of Windows 10 as I was using Windows 7 Home Premium.
    I got a message toward the end saying *It's taking a bit longer than anticipated, please be patient*
    45 minutes later it finally finished the installation.
    When the startup screen finally appeared the icons on the task bar wouldn't stop flashing.
    When I hit the start button the options appeared but nothing happened when I clicked the control panel button.
    Then the menu disappeared and ended up in an endless loop of appearing and disappearing.
    After exhausting every option and not being able to find a solution I took the Computer to PC World.
    After a technician took a look at he he advised me it couldn't be rolled back and the only option was to reinstall Windows 7 Premium.
    I had no choice but to agree.
    I lost everything on my PC and had to pay 50 to get Windows 7 reinstalled.
    Now I have to icon for Windows 10 on my Task Bar again and I'm paranoid to install it without a Windows 10 CD
    I sure don't feel inclined to pay for it after losing everything on my PC and having to pay $50 for the grief it caused me
    How do I obtain a Windows 10 CD for free plus postage so I have something to fall back on if the problem occurs again

Best Regards
    Graham Hood
    08-09-2015 05:55 PM
    Immediately after the upgrade complete, I went about personalizing the desktop and I found the default app screen. I thought to myself this could be ok, what was I worried about. Then it struck me, the default apps are limited, so limited in fact they only support ms products, like bing (puke) search, bing maps, and bing mail... Honestly if I thought BING was the app to solve all my problems I would be using it already.

Instead I would like to use, Google maps, Inbox, and Google Search (open mic) as my default apps, but ms will not support it, instead they would like us to give Bing a try and settle for 3rd best on the market. I am not happy about the limitations imposed on the default app screen. I will dial back to W7 in a month.

The second thing I did was a quick search in the start menu, I pressed the windows key and typed 'device manager' just to see how long it would take to find it. The screen clearly stated that windows was indexing the search and it could take a while. After roughly 3 minutes I stopped waiting and found the device manager via navigation. All in all, so far I am very underwhelmed and what W10 actually offers. All I can see is a pretty new skin on top of a poor OS.

But like I said, I won't rush to judgement I will give w10 time to settle, and see if it can preform basic tasks in a decent time.

The fact that I am limited to Windows Default Apps, doesn't surprise me, but the option for other apps should be present as well, after all if BING doesn't always yield the expected results, where google never misses. Its a personal choice, and on a personal computer I think the choice should be mine and not microsofts.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    08-10-2015 03:19 PM
    Robert, your computer is not disabled...not exactly. Many companies have sent out mass emails, stating that many drivers will not be compatible with w10, and as such users are requested not to move forward with the upgrade until companies like tosh and sony can create the necessary drivers for the 1000's of models of workstations and laptops they have currently in the market.

Your best bet is to visit the Tosh site directly and search for drivers for your model PC. If they are not ready yet, they will be in a couple of weeks, or your PC provider may be unable to provide support at all.

I would suggest to you, and others like you with the same problems to get in touch with your manufacturers and get details for your pc models and what support is available. When dealing with a new OS, we can expect driver incompatibility as par for the course, since there are 10's of thousands of PC's and only one OS, making them all work, will take time, and there is really nothing to do but wait.
    08-10-2015 03:32 PM
    Your GFX Card will need the W10 upgrade driver. Some games may run from onboard graphics. Nvidia has the W10 driver available on Geforce Experience and their website. As for AMD or others I am not certain, but checking websites is a good place to start.
    08-10-2015 03:35 PM
    Your Drivers for F keys are for your previous version. Please visit your manufacturers website, armed with your pc model number and search for support drivers for function keys and anything else that is not yet working for w10.

This Happened to me a year ago when I hard reset w7 after a software malfunction, all my sony vaio drivers were missing, I had to re-install them from the sony website. Most major PC manufactures will have w10 drivers ready to roll out. Search for what you need and follow the installation instructions on screen.
    08-10-2015 03:41 PM
    got windows 10 ...now cant play cd/dvds ...does not recognise my dvd player.so no recording or burning
    google crome keeps moving .probably cost me a packet to sort out.should have guessed nothing is free.
    conned again ,been 6 hours trying to sort it .its depressing ::::
    08-12-2015 01:55 PM
    I have problem with Malayalam typing and reading, my local language..screenshot-8-.png
    08-16-2015 09:02 PM
    After the windows 10 "upgrade", my laptop now randomly shuts down and restarts in the middle of me watching things on Netflix. The first couple of times I didn't think twice about it, but now that it does it two, three, or even four times in the middle of one episode, it gets really annoying.
    08-18-2015 11:34 AM
    Scroll bar automatically moves downwards after upgrade to Windows 10..

Earlier there was no issue with Windows 8.1 but now I am not able to browse through Google chrome and Internet Explorer..

I tried uninstalling device from device manager but it is of no use..

Please check and guide me with a proper solution as I am not able to work bcuz of this prob...
    08-22-2015 04:44 AM
    It's not an issue, more of a feature. Right click on taskbar, select properties, uncheck "show taskbar on all screens"
    08-25-2015 07:00 AM
    Would love to know how to actually get in touch with microsoft to raise issues with windows 10.
    1. my VGA cable to use my TV as a monitor stopped working when I upgraded.
    2. My anti-virus would not work on windows 10 leaving me totally unprotected (and I'd already paid for a years subscription.
    3. My desktop changed so I couldn't find anything.

I downgraded and everything was normal again. I stressed, swore and now I will NEVER upgrade to this OS, the most important reason being that it fails to recognise anti virus software that people have already paid for.
    08-25-2015 03:42 PM
    So far Windows 10 is my least favorite OS since Vista.

As soon as I installed it I began having problems with my devices - printer not showing up as online, not consistently printing documents, I keep getting kicked off of the internet. I am trying to use a computer for work and am getting absolutely nothing done.

I was not crazy about Windows 8, but now 10 is making it look like an upgrade. I saw a recent post saying that some software drivers for devices such as my printer are not yet updated for use with Windows 10 - MICROSOFT SHOULD NOT HAVE RELEASED RELEASE WINDOWS 10 WITHOUT THE PROPER SUPPORT. DO NOT USE!!!

Jon
    08-26-2015 01:48 PM
    After playing a game that utilizes my AMD graphics card, when I exit the computer bluescreens with the error VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL. I know I'm not the only one with this problem, as I posted it on Windows Feedback and have had 10+ upvotes on it. Its a nasty bug and its been trying my patience as I wait for a new build to allow me to play my graphical intensive games again. :/ But being an Insider I will keep reporting bugs and just deal with it until a fix. No turning back now.
    08-26-2015 05:05 PM
    I also have an AMD mother board(ATI radion 4250) which I running two monitors off. Both different sizes no trouble under win 9 now I've had trouble with resolution settings and my windows don't resize automaticly when I drag them from one monitor to another.
    08-30-2015 09:07 PM
    I was one of the early adopters of W10. However, I wished I had never done it.
    This is now more than 2 weeks ago and I am still suffering application crashes every day. Especially MS apps such as Excel.
    It looks like as if Excel opens a brand new version and apps like Outook and Word still in the old style.
    If I would have known this, I would have waited a few months.
    Good luck with it.
    Geert
    09-03-2015 03:07 AM
    When I downloaded windows 10 it would not work if continue to be in a loop.
    I was able to remove it and reinstalled Windows 7. I also believe a bug in windows 10 is still running If I try to make a post
    on Yahoo news my keys do not work when trying to type. But I am able to write email and I did not have this issue until I installed Windows 10
    I believe I will continue to use windows 7 for as long as my computer is working and if all the issues in Windows 10 are ever fixed and I buy another computer I will make up my mind if I was one with windows 10. Because of the negative experience I do not know if I want to have a computer with another new windows OS until it has proved to be free of issue. Windows 95 was the best
    OS and ever time windows comes up with a new OS it come with a lot of issues.
    If I continue to have the issue is windows going to replace my computer, repair it and provide me with another one until they fix their mess?
    09-09-2015 06:01 AM
    I am using hp p100tx laptop having 4 gb RAM , i5 processor and 64 bit os . it was working very well with windows 8.1 but after the installation of windows 10 my laptop's battery backup reduced to 1/3 ,it gets heat up very quickly, screen brightness adjusting keys are not working , take lots of time to boot , so what should I do ?? switch back to 8.1 or there is a solution for these problems???
    09-10-2015 09:17 AM
94 1234