Windows 10 Tech Preview - Issues and Complaints

mjes201

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
For those of you who have installed the wonderful Windows 10 Tech Preview, please post your issues and problems here so that everyone who is reluctant to update can see the risks and decide whether to install or not. Thanks. :)

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
For those of you who have installed the wonderful Windows 10 Tech Preview, please post your issues and problems here so that everyone who is reluctant to update can see the risks and decide whether to install or not. Thanks. :)

Takes to long to download on my crappy internet D=<

(I'm just joking, I'll be sure to add any of my issues and complaints, and if i know any fixes once I get it installed and start using it :p

ok so serious edit, I've run into my first complaint, though not sure if its an oversight or a bug, but if you have the taskbar on the top, the start menu is unable to be resized. sent feedback on it (I love that feedback app, well done microsoft!)

Last edited:

Gestalt Grey

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Everyone should do themselves a favor and restart their machine one extra time after they upgrade to Win10. That alone fixed half of the network weirdness that I was seeing on my VMware machine(VM version 8). I was also unable to type into the Explorer address bar until I restarted.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
For some reason, it didn't play nicely with my AMD graphics driver. I had to reinstall just that one. When I booted it up, it defaulted to 1024 by 768, then said "No AMD graphics drivers detected".

I've restarted a couple of times and everything seems fine now, although I did leave my feedback in the app.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
For some reason, it didn't play nicely with my AMD graphics driver. I had to reinstall just that one. When I booted it up, it defaulted to 1024 by 768, then said "No AMD graphics drivers detected".

I've restarted a couple of times and everything seems fine now, although I did leave my feedback in the app.

Something like this happened both with the Nvid card on my desktop and the AMD card on my laptop. When I first booted the digital vibrancy settings on both defaulted so colors went back to being dull. Resolution was fine though.

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Well, let's see... At first any flash video would crash if I defocused my broswer. Windows utilities were crashing left and right before I installed the day one updates... which failed to install on my first attempt. Windows didn't even recognize that I had a graphics card (and therefore Windows Update couldn't grab drivers) until I manually grabbed the appropriate stuff online.

It seems to be fine now though, and I don't recall any other major problems. It's clearly pre-release software though.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not bad having played with it a bit.

Noticed general flakiness, nothing really broken or significantly broken, but some minor obvious rough spots. Lack of animation here and there, but that is expected.
Nothing really glaring, my battery life might have gone further down the tubes, but it appears search related, I knew what I was bargaining for.

ZvjerOPC

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I tried encrypting the whole drive (128GB) with bitlocker after Windows 10 installation but after 8 hours it only came to 10% of encryption progress. I conclude bitlocker doesn't work properly.
Sent from my Lumia 930 using Tapatalk

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else's OneDrive not syncing completely?

Also, hopefully they bring back general tablet functionality soon. Swiping from the left only brings up multitask view (or whatever it's called) and swiping from the top or bottom doesn't do anything.

samzzy16

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Battery life has gotten really poor but that is to be expected as it is a technical preview. OS 10 lags a little if put on power saver making it harder and frustrating to use

thatguy97

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm running it in virtual box and I allocated 4gb of ram and 256 mb of vram max it will allow and it's very fast especially on start menu search but I can't get Internet on it

Posted from my Samsung galaxy S5

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would like to request that all the intrepid updaters please provide their feedback to Microsoft through either the app or the forum here: Windows - Microsoft Community

Also, if the OP could update his post with a reminder for thread respondents to provide their feedback to Microsoft so that consequent Windows 10 builds can be improved.

Bob de Maesschalck

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I currently have 2 monitors and i chose to extend the display but my taskbar is also showing on my secondary screen. I don't know for sure if this is an issue or a feature.

Diogo Silva3

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I currently have 2 monitors and i chose to extend the display but my taskbar is also showing on my secondary screen. I don't know for sure if this is an issue or a feature.

Actually that's not an issue at all and I love to use taskbar on both display, but you can remove it by doing:
Right click on taskbar -> Remove tick from "Show taskbar on all displays"

Giffdev

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, thanks for previewing and looking for issues! If you run into anything, definitely use the windows feedback tool and provide as much info as possible! we're definitely looking at user feedback and making improvements based on you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb