Does anyone know a hotkey which allows to switch to the next/closest Virtual Desktop? For example I use Ctrl+Alt+Left/Right arrow in Fedora, I do hope there is something similar in the TP.

The only thing I found is Win + Tab, but it gives the view of all of the Desktops/Apps.
    10-01-2014 02:38 PM
    <CTRL> + <WIN> + <ARROW KEY> will take you back and forth through the desktops.

<CTRL> + <WIN> + <#> will take you to a specific desktop.. This behaves a *little* weirdly as my desktops are 4-7, not 1-3 as I'd expect.
    -mt
    Silviu Bogusevschi likes this.
    10-01-2014 10:21 PM
    Points for utter lack of discoverability. Oh well this is power-user stuff anyway, I guess.
    10-01-2014 10:25 PM
    Points for utter lack of discoverability. Oh well this is power-user stuff anyway, I guess.
    ALT-TAB or the new Multitasking Icon. How is Expose any MORE discoverable on OS X? The average user still needs training over there.
    10-01-2014 10:51 PM
    Oh, it isn't. And yeah, the task view is way easier to discover than ALT+TAB ever was. All I mean is that CTRL+WIN+LEFT/RIGHT is something people are unlikely to find without being told about it.

I don't know the equivalent keystroke on a Mac, so I can't comment on that. However, I do find the way the Mac handles managing open windows, programs and documents to be unnecessarily convoluted and I wish it would just treat every open windows as its own instance of whatever program it contains.
    10-01-2014 10:56 PM
    Oh, it isn't. And yeah, the task view is way easier to discover than ALT+TAB ever was. All I mean is that CTRL+WIN+LEFT/RIGHT is something people are unlikely to find without being told about it.

I don't know the equivalent keystroke on a Mac, so I can't comment on that. However, I do find the way the Mac handles managing open windows, programs and documents to be unnecessarily convoluted and I wish it would just treat every open windows as its own instance of whatever program it contains.
    Mac keyboards have an Expose key as well as an icon that is installed by default to the Dock Bar.
    10-02-2014 12:04 AM
    <CTRL> + <WIN> + <ARROW KEY> will take you back and forth through the desktops.

<CTRL> + <WIN> + <#> will take you to a specific desktop.. This behaves a *little* weirdly as my desktops are 4-7, not 1-3 as I'd expect.
    -mt
    Thank you very much! Will give a try a bit later.
    10-02-2014 03:37 AM
    My coworker and I spent a good 20 minutes trying to figure it out and only got WIN + TAB and then arrow down and then left and right and then enter lol

Thank you for this!
    10-02-2014 07:30 AM
    Aight, so Ctrl + Win + NUM does not work for me.
    The Ctrl + Win + Arrows work fine, but it's not so handy on an external keyboard where Ctrl and Win are close to each other.
    10-02-2014 02:34 PM