Can't Modify Start Button and Modern UI Colors

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I don't know if I'm just missing something, but when I switch to the Start menu on my devices I'm stuck with a red Start button and gray in all the Modern UI sections. Is there any way to change this that I haven't noticed (aside from switching back to the Start Screen) or am I stuck with it for now?

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually having the same problem. Initially I thought it might be a bug related to having a synced theme, so I tried switching to a preset and then back. No dice. I then dug around to see if there was a separate setting somewhere for customizing that UI and found nothing.

I suspect that this is just the incomplete nature of this build

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
thats not right... do you by chance have the taskbar placed on top of the monitor?

Nope, on bottom.

I'm actually having the same problem. Initially I thought it might be a bug related to having a synced theme, so I tried switching to a preset and then back. No dice. I then dug around to see if there was a separate setting somewhere for customizing that UI and found nothing.

I suspect that this is just the incomplete nature of this build

​Yeah, that's too bad. I can live with it until they get around to fixing it though.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
When I open the Start Menu this is what I get (gray background and red Start Button):

Untitled.jpg

Then if I proceed to the Charms to edit personilization settings like in Windows 8 this is all I get (Control Panel personalization settings):

Untitled2.jpgUntitled3.jpg

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
It's a default behavior when it first starts up. Not sure how it actually picks the Accent Color because it actually chose Green for mine from a Orange background. Not a bug, Microsoft just hasn't added an option to customize the Accent Colors like in W8.1. You can manually change the colors to what you like via the Registry until they (hopefully) add the setting back. I'll post a simple tutorial later when I get more time today.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
It's a default behavior when it first starts up. Not sure how it actually picks the Accent Color because it actually chose Green for mine from a Orange background. Not a bug, Microsoft just hasn't added an option to customize the Accent Colors like in W8.1. You can manually change the colors to what you like via the Registry until they (hopefully) add the setting back. I'll post a simple tutorial later when I get more time today.

Yeah I figured it out, I made it black with a blue accent through the Group Policy editor.

Untitled.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon