Windows 10 Tech. Preview installation startup error! :(

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
How many have installed the Windows 10 Technical Preview on their PCs or virtual machines? I'm asking this because, my installation doesn't even start!! :unhappy:
Here is the screenshot of the error screen!! (on an Oracle VirtualBox)
Capture.PNG

Why is it so? Has anyone else encountered this error? If yes and if it is solved then please do tell me too!
Thanks!

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it's working for you, but what's the problem with mine is my question! I'm not able to understand the error.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I know that VMware is better option. But I don't like it due to its dozens of background processes that use lot of my RAM and Network!
Still, it's better :)

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Should I go for fresh upgrade from my Windows 8.1 to W10 Tech. Preview on my laptop? Will it preserve my personalisation settings and my installed apps and all my user files?

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Should I go for fresh upgrade from my Windows 8.1 to W10 Tech. Preview on my laptop? Will it preserve my personalisation settings and my installed apps and all my user files?

I think you should not be playing with this if you are asking questions like that. BTW the answers to your questions are on the preview information page.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I think you should not be playing with this if you are asking questions like that. BTW the answers to your questions are on the preview information page.

K. But I'm still not playing with it because I know I'm asking questions like that. :) Thanks anyway.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Failed to be patient! I'm installing it whatsoever! My copy of Windows 8.1 is genuine. So, I can re install it later, can't I?

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
As long as you have 8.1 backed up on a different partition you should go for it.
What can go wrong? :shocked:

My BIOS can get damaged, my lappy won't boot ever, my files may get corrupted - such things may happen! Joking! :p I'll try it on an external drive. Thanks.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
If you have 8.1 Pro/Enterprise, you could just try it in Hyper-V. That's what I'm doing here at work. Just start the VM in Hyper-V Manager and RDP into it. That way I can get the VM to launch in full screen on both of my monitors.

Anyway, what CPU and motherboard do you have? Have you checked your bios to ensure that all virtualization options are enabled?

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
If you have 8.1 Pro/Enterprise, you could just try it in Hyper-V. That's what I'm doing here at work. Just start the VM in Hyper-V Manager and RDP into it. That way I can get the VM to launch in full screen on both of my monitors.

Anyway, what CPU and motherboard do you have? Have you checked your bios to ensure that all virtualization options are enabled?

I'm not that expert in hardware... God knows what's RDP! :confused::shocked:
I can only tell that I do have Win 8.1 Pro and that VM means Virtual Machine.
Also my CPU - Intel Core i3 @ 2.40 GHz and BIOS - Phoenix SC-T v2.2.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm not that expert in hardware... God knows what's RDP! :confused::shocked:
I can only tell that I do have Win 8.1 Pro and that VM means Virtual Machine.
Also my CPU - Intel Core i3 @ 2.40 GHz and BIOS - Phoenix SC-T v2.2.

RDP is remote desktop protocol. If you have Windows 8.1 Pro, then you already have Hyper-V and RDP client capabilities, you just have to enable Hyper-V (you don't have to enable RDP client). Also, for your CPU and motherboard, what generation i3 do you have? i3 2xxx? i3 3xxx? i3 4xxx? And what exact motherboard do you have? Different motherboards can have the same bios but have different features enabled/disabled.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Also, for your CPU and motherboard, what generation i3 do you have? i3 2xxx? i3 3xxx? i3 4xxx? And what exact motherboard do you have? Different motherboards can have the same bios but have different features enabled/disabled.

Intel Core i3-2370M
How do I find information about my motherboard?

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Intel Core i3-2370M
How do I find information about my motherboard?

You really can't. Didn't realize you were on a laptop. What's the laptop model?

Edit: You should actually be able to get it setup. Have you tried enabling PAE in VirtualBox?

http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch03.html#settings-processor

Edit2: Additionally, are you trying to install the 32bit or 64bit tech preview? Do you have hardware virtualization enabled for the VM? Are you running Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit or 32bit?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786