Wi-Fi not working on Windows 10

winphonehub

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
After deciding to dual boot Windows 10 alongside 8.1 I can't seem to get it to connect to my Wi-Fi. I tried reinstalling and keep getting the same error which is "one or more network protocols missing".

Has anyone else had this it any issues regarding the Wi-Fi on windows 10?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
remember its not a final product - heck, not even a beta, I'd call it an alpha demoing some usability changes.
so it has bugs and rough edges up the wazoo (not entirely, its perfectly usable)

you could try to fix it yourself, pick up proper Wi-Fi drivers for your computer (could help), etc. but MS has stated this is for people who can at least try to deal with these issues. but anyways, try getting appropriate drivers, depending on how your Wi-Fi is set up.
Everything works good enough on my laptop including Wi-Fi.

winphonehub

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks and yes I know. That's why I dual-booted and I've already updated the drivers but no luck. Guess I'll just have to play the waiting game

winphonehub

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Okay thanks guys. I just wanted to clarify it's an OS issue. I'll keep updating and hoping it'll be fixed in a new update or build.

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay thanks guys. I just wanted to clarify it's an OS issue. I'll keep updating and hoping it'll be fixed in a new update or build.

Let me clarify: this is not an OS issue. It is a driver issue, so it is a vendor issue (i.e. Intel). Microsoft does NOT make the drivers for many system components, the network adapter being one of them. The vendor, such as Intel, creates the drivers then submits to Microsoft for possible inclusion. So you are waiting for both the vendor and Microsoft.

When you submit your feedback to Microsoft either through the app or the forums, please ensure you specify what network adapter you have. This will speed up the process by ensuring sufficient resources are allocated the specified device.

winphonehub

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Let me clarify: this is not an OS issue. It is a driver issue, so it is a vendor issue (i.e. Intel). Microsoft does NOT make the drivers for many system components, the network adapter being one of them. The vendor, such as Intel, creates the drivers then submits to Microsoft for possible inclusion. So you are waiting for both the vendor and Microsoft.

When you submit your feedback to Microsoft either through the app or the forums, please ensure you specify what network adapter you have. This will speed up the process by ensuring sufficient resources are allocated the specified device.

Thanks for clarifying. I'll submit my feedback asap. I'll update this if anything changes.

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm was having issues as well with my adapter. I have a WiFi\Bluetooth Combo card I bought on Amazon that I must admit wasn't intended to work with my laptop. Got it working though I do have issues with Bluetooth Connecting\Disconnecting every millisecond sometimes. The way I got it working was by going into Device Manager and choosing to install Legacy Hardware and found my adapter through the list.

winphonehub

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm was having issues as well with my adapter. I have a WiFi\Bluetooth Combo card I bought on Amazon that I must admit wasn't intended to work with my laptop. Got it working though I do have issues with Bluetooth Connecting\Disconnecting every millisecond sometimes. The way I got it working was by going into Device Manager and choosing to install Legacy Hardware and found my adapter through the list.

On windows 10? And Thanks I never tried that. I'll try it when I get back on.

drunkship

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey ignore XANDROS he is just stating the obvious

I had same issue and its a simple fix, you must first uninstall the WIFI driver then download the driver online.and then just install it and poof.

this should fix the issue

Larry Amato

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Whether it's the OS or the drivers.. I'm glad I didn't install it on my main laptop..!!..Lenovo access connections and other issues are arising.. Maybe in time there will be some cures...my other Lenovo 64 bit pro is fine and running well without the preview..! :grin:

d47e

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Hey ignore XANDROS he is just stating the obvious

I had same issue and its a simple fix, you must first uninstall the WIFI driver then download the driver online.and then just install it and poof.

this should fix the issue

+1

Totally agree. Had the same issue and posted this on another thread....

Windows 10 no Wi-Fi Fix!

Hi all,

I installed Windows 10 today and had the same problem with my laptop. There was no Wi-Fi option visible with my Atheros Wi-Fi Network adapter and so I had a driver issue too. I managed to fix it and so thought I'd join just to help out anyone else with the same issue.

First thing I did was check if "Flight Mode" was on, which mine was and so it was lucky that I checked!
(for anyone who doesn't know, just click on the network logo on the bottom right, right-click on Flight Mode, go to settings and select off on the toggle switch. You can just tap the Flight Mode button to toggle, but mine was on and I couldn't see the Airplane logo on the task bar until Wi-Fi was set up).

I then went into Device Manager and there was the usual small yellow triangle warning on the bottom left of the adapter and so I plugged in an Ethernet cable and right-clicked on the adapter icon/text and selected "Update Driver Software..". It said my driver was up to date, but the Wi-Fi was still not visible and so I then right-clicked the same adapter and selected "Properties", then the "Driver" tab and then selected "Uninstall".

I was expecting to reinstall the driver, however as soon as I completed this the Wi-Fi worked and it asked me to change my Wi-Fi settings (where it asks if you want to share your settings with your Outlook Contacts, Skype and Facebook). I then just selected my Wi-Fi network and logged-in.

Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

Jill Kerr

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
yes, I am having the same issue - contacted my ISP who said it was a windows issue and gave me microsoft nz # - called them and got put on hold for over 4 hours, finally I hung up and rang back, got put on hold again then after 10 mins cut off, rang back and exactly the same as the last time - given up!

My bluetooth doesn't work anymore either - doesn't find any of my other devices - GRRRRR!!!

Jill Kerr

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
whoop whoop, managed to fix it..........

Device Manager > Network Adapters > wireless network adapter > clicked that and it fixed :D

Paperbacktripper

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Wifi problem with Netgear 36 and Windows 10. Resolved.
Upgraded today and my wifi wasn't on the list of available networks even though my other devices were connected. After toggling wifi on and off my network appeared but a very weak signal.
Plugged in Ethernet cable and loaded Netgear Genie. I remember changing the channel a few months back as my neighbourhood is pretty wifi congested, so all I did was move my network from channel 12 to channel 2 and it connected instantly.

Wilsoslayer

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
couldnt get wifi after installing win10 searched the net for an easy fix to which there wasnt any, they were all saying go into command prompt!!! i decided to look around myself and this is how i fixed my wifi problem
1 click start button
2 click all apps
3 scroll down to windows administration and click
4 click computer managment
5 now system tools
6 select device manager
7 now network adapters
8 you should find your network wifi adapter here, i found mine had a small yellow triangle next to mine,

so i opened the adapter and clicked the update button then all was gravy baby :)

d47e

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
couldnt get wifi after installing win10 searched the net for an easy fix to which there wasnt any, they were all saying go into command prompt!!! i decided to look around myself and this is how i fixed my wifi problem
1 click start button
2 click all apps
3 scroll down to windows administration and click
4 click computer managment
5 now system tools
6 select device manager
7 now network adapters
8 you should find your network wifi adapter here, i found mine had a small yellow triangle next to mine,

so i opened the adapter and clicked the update button then all was gravy baby :)

Glad you manage to fix it, that's basically what I mentioned above and on other websites to be honest (no need to go into command prompt since if the hardware worked before Windows 10 and doesn't now, it's most likely a driver issue).

By the way, to access Device Manager and hence jump straight to point 6 in your message, just begin typing "device manager" into the Cortana search box on the Windows 10 task bar and select it once you see it in the search results.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb