Windows 10 Wifi Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus Ghaswalla

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I have installed Windows 10 build 9841 on my netbook Everything is working fine the start screen the metro apps only the thing is the WiFi network showing as limited connectivity When I tried using eternet it works Anybody has a solution??? Thanks in advance...

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It is most likely the driver for your network adapter. Since you state that functionality is unimpaired, this appears to be a non-critical issue. In any case, it is extremely unlikely there will be a fix as this driver is vendor dependent.

Per the instructions listed with the Windows 10 download, you should post all your feedback on the Microsoft Technical Preview forum

Windows - Microsoft Community

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They specifically said it was not for everyone. It is for professionals and enthusiasts who know their way around to test.
This is not fit for public consumption and there will be some sort of issue.
Not going to lie, the fact you're asking/outsourcing your troubleshooting indicates you may not possess the baseline knowledge MS has in mind. No offense, just saying it as I see it from here.

My only suggestion is to go back to whatever OS you had.
There's no guaranteed your issue could even be fixed.

Colin Phelps

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I know that my wireless worked last night. I had connected to my network via Ethernet to set up Windows 10 but then disconnected the Ethernet cable and I still had access to my network resources. Today I could not connect. I resolved the issue by going into Control Panel, disabling the Wi-Fi adapter, re-enabling it and then I was able to connect. This work is being done on a Dell Latitude D430 that is at least 6-7 years old. Personally this may be a driver issue but if Microsoft are on the ball this same machine took the Windows 8 Preview without any issues. So I am expecting that this is a bug that will get fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro