I'm kind of disappointed so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok, my issues with 10 are quickly fading. I figured out how to get the Start Screen back in lieu of the Start Menu on a non-touch pc. I also realized how nice it was to have right-click start options. Not even three days and I'm warming up to it faster than 8/8.1. The touch layout is in there but you have to change properties and sign out to get them back.

8.1 has had right click start options forever.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for making me feel stupid mjrtoo. I guess I'm hanging out too much on the touch side of things on my Surface Pro 2...:unhappysweat:

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I suspect the final version will let you make it look and act like windows 8.x. I personally want it to look more like windows 7 and am very happy with the current release.

sashlon

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I love how arrogant and judgement some people are.

I can read perfectly well
I am VERY computer literate
I am a big Microsoft fan/customer
I said that I knew it would get better
I said that I knew its a preview

And yet, my opinion that its not brilliant so far on my Surface is somehow offensive and means that people think they can be insulting and rude.

OK. Nice.

goodintentions

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I love how arrogant and judgement some people are.

I can read perfectly well
I am VERY computer literate
I am a big Microsoft fan/customer
I said that I knew it would get better
I said that I knew its a preview

And yet, my opinion that its not brilliant so far on my Surface is somehow offensive and means that people think they can be insulting and rude.

OK. Nice.

This is a technical review where technical users can find major bugs and make suggestions to better the user experience. "Being disappointed" adds absolutely nothing constructive to the conversation as far as the purpose of the technical review goes.

I reserve the right to be disappointed in you as a person. I believe I am entitled to my opinion just like how you believe you're entitled to your opinion on an admittedly unfinished product. However, my opinion is more valid because you are fully cooked...

sashlon

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
This is a technical review where technical users can find major bugs and make suggestions to better the user experience. "Being disappointed" adds absolutely nothing constructive to the conversation as far as the purpose of the technical review goes.

I reserve the right to be disappointed in you as a person. I believe I am entitled to my opinion just like how you believe you're entitled to your opinion on an admittedly unfinished product. However, my opinion is more valid because you are fully cooked...
Classy

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
They specifically said at this point they were focusing on keyboard/mouse and enterprise users. Surface doesn't fit into the former category so while you can be disappointed in the announcement, the product itself is exactly what they said it was.

goodintentions

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a productivity quality app in the windows store. It is now on the top 10 top grossing, top 10 top paid, and top 5 in top reviews.

Anyway, one of 3 1-star reviews I have is by a woman that put my app in read-only mode and then wrote a review saying she couldn't input any text. There is even a message on top with red letters saying "read-only mode".

You remind me of that woman who gave me 1 star for doing something it's suppose to be doing. She put the app into read-only mode and complained that it's read-only. You know, sort of like how you downloaded a technical preview version of windows 10 and then complain that it's half baked.

Added by edit.

Seeing how I just gave you the idea to go take vengeance on me by installing the trial and then give me another 1 star, go ahead and do it. That's what you like to do.

sashlon

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a productivity quality app in the windows store. It is now on the top 10 top grossing, top 10 top paid, and top 5 in top reviews.

Anyway, one of 3 1-star reviews I have is by a woman that put my app in read-only mode and then wrote a review saying she couldn't input any text. There is even a message on top with red letters saying "read-only mode".

You remind me of that woman who gave me 1 star for doing something it's suppose to be doing. She put the app into read-only mode and complained that it's read-only. You know, sort of like how you downloaded a technical preview version of windows 10 and then complain that it's half baked.

Added by edit.

Seeing how I just gave you the idea to go take vengeance on me by installing the trial and then give me another 1 star, go ahead and do it. That's what you like to do.

It's interesting how certain people default to insults, name calling and personal attacks.

All I did was state an opinion.

BTW, why would I download your app? You're clearly a jerk, I have no intention of supporting you.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm buying a new computer in February. I sure hope they've improved this by then. I was strongly considering getting a Surface Pro 3. Now I'm totally second guessing that. If I was going to the store today, right now, to get that new system I'd probably get a cheap laptop and a 128GB IPad instead. And I despise iOS. But, its TOUCH FRIENDLY.

Are you serious? A SP3 purchased today or even in Feb will not have W10 installed on it. You would have to update it to get W10. Even then, nobody will be forcing you to update.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't buy anything until everything is running W10. The only reason I'm planning on buying a 1520.3 is because Verizon sucks by killing the icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon