05-28-2017 05:03 AM
205 1234 ...
tools
    i reinstalled the realtek driver bu the problem still
    Last edited by nabil dely; 02-18-2015 at 02:14 AM.
    02-16-2015 09:32 AM
    in my case thats what happend windows update tel me that he couldn't install the sound driver but after the new update of windows build 9926 the sound in the internet video is very destroyed plz some help here because i couldn't whatch any video
    02-18-2015 02:12 AM
    I too am having problems with Win10 preview and my Realtek sound. I often watch live horse racing and utilize the race replays too. All was fine with me until recently... What I mean is the change to Win 10 preview from 8.1 didn't immediately affect my sound. Now, I get random distortions of about a half second, sort of a squawking noise on both the live racing and the replays. When watching the replays, I seem to have noticed that the distortions occur at similar points, as if somehow the stream (not live) is affecting the issue.

Simultaneously, I seem to see some lag with my cursor and video during the distortion... and the lag is also occuring occasionally when the sound isnt involved. It's very slight, but its there. When I first moved to 10, nothing of the sort was occurring
    02-20-2015 09:47 AM
    There are a couple of things going on with Realtek right now. One is that the latest driver on WU sometimes times out on installation, so it's spotty trying to get the latest update. The other is that we're seeing (sometimes severe) distortion problems on Realtek. Both issues are under investigation though, so hopefully we'll have something for you soon. Thanks!
    02-20-2015 09:55 AM
    I had problems with the realtec on my mic not working. Rolled back to driver dated 1/19/2015 and mic is fixed and audio seems louder.
    02-20-2015 04:50 PM
    I've been having bad distortions on my ASUS notebook and it uses the Realtek HD Audio drivers and for me what fixed the bad distortions was going into Control Panels >> Hardward and Sound >> opening Realtek HD Audio Manager >> and moving the slider bar for the Internal Subwoofer slider bar to the left to turn off the subwoofer. Hopefully, that will pinpoint where to look for issues with the Realtek issues.

Cheers!
    02-23-2015 12:14 PM
    I've been having bad distortions on my ASUS notebook and it uses the Realtek HD Audio drivers and for me what fixed the bad distortions was going into Control Panels >> Hardward and Sound >> opening Realtek HD Audio Manager >> and moving the slider bar for the Internal Subwoofer slider bar to the left to turn off the subwoofer. Hopefully, that will pinpoint where to look for issues with the Realtek issues.

Cheers!
    Same here - ASUS G750. Thanks MobileGorilla - turning off the subwoofer worked.
    MobileGorilla likes this.
    02-23-2015 10:05 PM
    An update...

Frustrated with the audio distortions on my live race streaming and replays. I rolled back to 8.1. Soon afterwards I updated my system. But again, I had a frustration, I could not logon to the Store and retrieve my purchased apps. Bad file length, etc...

So I again downloaded and installed the 10 preview. And to my amazement, everything worked. My Realtek sound drivers are working perfectly. In fact, the sounds seem better...

Not sure this helps, but happy now
    02-24-2015 11:22 AM
    On my system I can install the Realtek audio driver and have perfect sound. But if I reboot my system, I get no sound. Under the Device Manager it still has the Realtek audio listed. Anyone else having this problem?
    03-05-2015 09:42 AM
    On my system I can install the Realtek audio driver and have perfect sound. But if I reboot my system, I get no sound. Under the Device Manager it still has the Realtek audio listed. Anyone else having this problem?
    Is it showing the same version of the Realtek driver after you reboot, or is it getting changed somehow (i.e. by PnP)? Thanks!
    03-05-2015 09:45 AM
    Just checked it. It is the same version.
    Attached Thumbnails audiodriver.jpg  
    03-05-2015 10:07 AM
    Ok, here is the break down of the issues i've experienced with sound on my pc (Compaq Presario CQ57)
    On initial install of windows 10 my sound driver was ok, after running an update and getting the latest build. My driver was no longer being recognized and i could play no sound. I was able to successfully download my manufacturer sound driver and have sound working again. I am not getting any distortion but i only played for about 10-15minutes wort of music at max volume before shutting off. Oh and it seems that my directx 3d , this occurs before and after fix. Below is the dxdiag for my machine with issues:
    ------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 3/5/2015, 21:28:00
    Machine name: XXXX-XXXX
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview 64-bit (10.0, Build 9926) (9926.fbl_awesome1501.150119-1648)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: Presario CQ57 Notebook PC
    BIOS: InsydeH2O Version CCB.03.61.11F.43
    Processor: AMD C-50 Processor (2 CPUs), ~1.0GHz
    Memory: 2048MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 1642MB RAM
    Page File: 2331MB used, 766MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Not Available
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.9926.0000 64bit Unicode
    DxDiag Previously: Crashed in Direct3D (stage 3). Re-running DxDiag with "dontskip" command line parameter or choosing not to bypass information gathering when prompted might result in DxDiag successfully obtaining this information

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
    DirectX Debug Levels
    --------------------
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6250 Graphics
    Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x9804)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Type: Full Device
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9804&SUBSYS_3577103C&REV_00
    Display Memory: 1015 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 375 MB
    Shared Memory: 640 MB
    Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: unknown
    Monitor Id: SEC4251
    Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (60.031Hz)
    Output Type: Internal
    Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll,amdxc32,amdxc64.dll
    Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1362 (English)
    Driver Version: 15.200.1006.0
    DDI Version:
    Feature Levels: 11.0,10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.2
    Graphics Preemption: DMA
    Compute Preemption: DMA
    Miracast: Not Supported by Graphics driver
    Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Applicable
    Power P-states: Not Applicable
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 3/2/2015 22:49:41, 1397880 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp:
    Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-DB44-11CF-DE76-7D15BEC2C535}
    Vendor ID: 0x1002
    Device ID: 0x9804
    SubSys ID: 0x3577103C
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    Driver Strong Name: oem3.inf:cb0ae4147a5ecf8c:ati2mtag_Wrestler:15.200.1006.0:pci\ven_1002&dev_9804
    Rank Of Driver: 00D42001
    Video Accel:
    DXVA2 Modes: DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_VLD DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_IDCT DXVA2_ModeH264_VLD_NoFGT DXVA2_ModeVC1_VLD DXVA2_ModeMPEG4pt2_VLD_AdvSimple_NoGMC
    Deinterlace Caps: n/a
    D3D9 Overlay: Not Supported
    DXVA-HD: Not Supported
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Not Available
    AGP Status: Enabled

-------------
    Sound Devices
    -------------
    Description:
    Default Sound Playback: No
    Default Voice Playback: No
    Hardware ID:
    Manufacturer ID:
    Product ID:
    Type:
    Driver Name:
    Driver Version:
    Driver Attributes:
    WHQL Logo'd:
    Date and Size:
    Other Files:
    Driver Provider:
    HW Accel Level: Emulation Only
    Cap Flags: 0x0
    Min/Max Sample Rate: 0, 0
    Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 0, 0
    Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
    HW Memory: 0
    Voice Management: No
    EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
    I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
    Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No

---------------------
    Sound Capture Devices
    ---------------------
    ---------------------
    Video Capture Devices
    Number of Devices: 1
    ---------------------
    FriendlyName: HP Webcam-101
    SymbolicLink: \\?\usb#vid_04f2&pid_b293&mi_00#6&2a12e200&0&0000#{e5323777-f976-4f5b-9b55-b94699c46e44}\global
    Manufacturer: Microsoft
    HardwareID: USB\VID_04F2&PID_B293&REV_3253&MI_00,USB\VID_04F2&PID_B293&MI_00
    DriverDesc: USB Video Device
    DriverProvider: Microsoft
    DriverVersion: 10.0.9926.0
    DriverDateEnglish: 6/21/2006 00:00:00
    DriverDateLocalized: 6/21/2006 12:00:00 AM
    Service: usbvideo
    Class: Image
    DevNodeStatus: 180200A[DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
    ContainerId: {00000000-0000-0000-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF}
    ProblemCode: No Problem
    BusReportedDeviceDesc: HP Webcam-101
    Parent: USB\VID_04F2&PID_B293\SN0001
    DriverProblemDesc: n/a
    UpperFilters: n/a
    LowerFilters: n/a
    Stack: \Driver\ksthunk,\Driver\usbvideo,\Driver\usbccgp
    ContainerCategory: Imaging

-------------------
    DirectInput Devices
    -------------------
    Device Name: Mouse
    Attached: 1
    Controller ID: n/a
    Vendor/Product ID: n/a
    FF Driver: n/a

Device Name: Keyboard
    Controller ID: n/a
    Vendor/Product ID: n/a

Device Name: 2.4G Wireless Mouse
    Controller ID: 0x0
    Vendor/Product ID: 0x04F3, 0x02F4

Poll w/ Interrupt: No
    03-05-2015 09:12 PM
    I've had a strange issue with sound and my Surface Pro 3, when connecting the device to an external HDMI screen:

​After connecting an HDMI adapter to a screen, the sound no longer outputs at all. The sound mixer shows audio going through the HDMI output, but nothing actually outputs. I've tried this with two different HDMI adapters, 2 different HDMI cords, and 2 different output devices (a television and a PC monitor), each with no success. Restarting the PC does not fix the problem. Unplugging the device will most of the time will revert the audio back to the Surface device, but sometimes will not output audio (like the HDMI). A restart is required to fix that issue.

​Anyone else have this problem or is there a fix on the way?

​Thanks,
    Nolan
    03-06-2015 04:49 PM
    I have two monitors connected to my graphics card via DVI and when I want to watch series or movies I disable one of them and enable the HDMI output to my TV. I have to change the playback device to get sound via HDMI, but when I disable HDMI and enable the second monitor again, I can't change the playback device back to my speakers and have to enable the TV again, to change the playback device and then I can disable the TV and enable the second monitor again and then I have sound again.

So the bug here is that I can't change the playback device back to my speakers after I disabled the TV in the screen resolution menu and have to change the playback device, before I disable the TV.
    03-06-2015 05:02 PM
    Just checked it. It is the same version.
    There's a new version due out very soon (in a few days), I'd like to know if that resolves anything for you. Thanks!
    03-10-2015 09:19 AM
    I've had a strange issue with sound and my Surface Pro 3, when connecting the device to an external HDMI screen:

​After connecting an HDMI adapter to a screen, the sound no longer outputs at all. The sound mixer shows audio going through the HDMI output, but nothing actually outputs. I've tried this with two different HDMI adapters, 2 different HDMI cords, and 2 different output devices (a television and a PC monitor), each with no success. Restarting the PC does not fix the problem. Unplugging the device will most of the time will revert the audio back to the Surface device, but sometimes will not output audio (like the HDMI). A restart is required to fix that issue.

​Anyone else have this problem or is there a fix on the way?

​Thanks,
    Nolan
    Yes, I'm seeing the same thing. I think we've got it licked in the next build but would love to hear your results once we send that out. Thanks!
    03-10-2015 09:20 AM
    Yes, I'm seeing the same thing. I think we've got it licked in the next build but would love to hear your results once we send that out. Thanks!
    Just re-tested to be sure, almost blew the speakers in the conference room. :-)
    03-10-2015 09:23 AM
    Same here - ASUS G750. Thanks MobileGorilla - turning off the subwoofer worked.
    Yep, G750 here aswell, turned off the subwoofer, now all is good.
    My old G75 did not have this problem.
    03-12-2015 03:53 PM
    I have video but no sound with IE. When I test sound with speakers in properties seems to be working fine. Also no sound when playing cd's. Asus M4A78T-E motherboard, VIA audio. Win 10 TP. Update: Installed Firefox with flash player, I have sound when streaming now, but still have same problem no sound with IE, no sound playing cd's. Another update, tried Chrome video and sound just fine. Still no sound with IE and cd. Tried VLC player and WMP with Video file, video no sound. Nuts :-(
    Last edited by Ccyd Smyth; 03-14-2015 at 10:57 AM.
    03-14-2015 08:57 AM
    I was having the same problem with my ASUS G750. Just wanted to confirm that turning off the internal sub-woofer worked for me as well. Thanks to the original poster who shared this solution, and thanks to other users who confirmed it.
    03-14-2015 12:10 PM
    I was having the same problem with my ASUS G750. Just wanted to confirm that turning off the internal sub-woofer worked for me as well. Thanks to the original poster who shared this solution, and thanks to other users who confirmed it.
    Ok, I'll bite. How do turn off sub woofers, in my sound properties? I have Via hd sound, I believe yours has realtek. Update: Still no sound. Help :-)

Update: Fix for VIA sound, thanks to Dough51.
    1. Open Playback Devices
    2. Right-click the output device (in my case, "Speakers") and set as Default Device.
    3. Select the device, and click on the Properties button
    4. Go to the Enhancements tab and check "Disable all enhancements"
    Last edited by Ccyd Smyth; 03-24-2015 at 06:47 PM.
    03-14-2015 09:45 PM
    Is it out yet? Any ETA??

Hitting this issue on my Lenovo Y50 since last week. I tried re-installing windows and in my case I have good working speakers initially, as soon as I update the display driver it auto installs HD sound through the RealTek driver and things go south from that point on.

Have been using the W10 TP since January on another Samsung laptop without any issue (latest update installed).
    03-16-2015 02:46 AM
    Hi,
    I'm having the same problem with VIA audio and Asus motherboard. Sounds works fine in pc setings and flash plaer web games, but no sounds with VLC or WMP.
    Tihs happened after last update

I have video but no sound with IE. When I test sound with speakers in properties seems to be working fine. Also no sound when playing cd's. Asus M4A78T-E motherboard, VIA audio. Win 10 TP. Update: Installed Firefox with flash player, I have sound when streaming now, but still have same problem no sound with IE, no sound playing cd's. Another update, tried Chrome video and sound just fine. Still no sound with IE and cd. Tried VLC player and WMP with Video file, video no sound. Nuts :-(
    03-16-2015 01:58 PM
    I'm having a different typr of problem with Realtek audio drivers on W10 TP. When I first installed the TP, I could normally adjust the audio level from 0 - 100. In the last 3 days, though, my volume slider goes up only to 42. Tried deleting, reinstalling (both from Device manager and downloading the latest Realtek driver from their site). After reinstalling the driver it al seemed good for about...3 - 4 minutes, then suddenly, out of nowhere, it lowered the volume down to 42 and I can't get it higher anymore. Anyone else experiencing the same issues or am I a loner in this?
    03-16-2015 05:16 PM
    I am also having issues on my new Y50-70. Crazy distortion (sounds like an angry transformer). It happened immediately upon booting windows 10 the first time. I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them from Lenovo and it worked fine for about 5 minutes after a reboot, then it started again. This is a big enough issue for me that I may end up rolling back to 8.1 until I see this is fixed. This is my media/travelling gaming pc, so I kind of need the sound!
    03-18-2015 11:39 AM
205 1234 ...