05-28-2017 05:03 AM
205 12345 ...
tools
    Hah. Just installed it on my Y50 yesterday, also had the horrifying transformers distortion sound. I think it only started after windows update replaced the drivers.

Dual-booted so not a huge deal for me to wait for a definite fix.
    03-18-2015 06:54 PM
    Atleast you're getting sound. My driver from Microsoft, Realtek, and Lenovo just won't install
    03-19-2015 12:08 AM
    Try putting the extracted inf files in %windir%\system32 or %windir%\system32\drivers, uninstall from Device Manager and then reboot.
    03-19-2015 01:00 AM
    seems to be a problem with AMD boards.
    here's the message i got trying to reinstall drivers.
    bad, very bad.
    :(
    .audio-error-2015-03-20.png
    03-20-2015 07:13 AM
    I have got the same issue on GA-970A-D3 motherboard (Via soundcard)
    Sometimes there is sound in all programs, but mostly the is no sound at all or there is no sound in IE VLC and games.
    03-20-2015 11:37 AM
    ilariazeta likes this.
    03-20-2015 02:01 PM
    This fixes the problem. Someone needs to sticky this at the beginning of the thread because that worked perfectly.
    03-22-2015 12:11 PM
    thank you!!! My audio is back!!!
    03-22-2015 01:25 PM
    does anyone here have a external audio interface? My Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 (Firewire) isn't working anymore with the new build. It shows the two LEDs for "powered" and "firewire connected" but when I try to play music (browser, Winamp) the app freezes and the interface loses the connection.
    I reinstalled the drivers and restarted the PC several times but I didn't manage to get it to work till now
    03-23-2015 02:34 AM
    after i reinstall drivers i got sound, but after i restart laptop its no sound again, and its over and orver again

ASUS N55S
    03-25-2015 04:22 AM
    Same with me. It was working fine until the new update this morning (10041).
    03-25-2015 06:37 PM
    after i reinstall drivers i got sound, but after i restart laptop its no sound again, and its over and orver again

ASUS N55S
    It may be trying to (re)install the old drivers. Might be worth checking, and deleting/moving the old driver files.
    03-25-2015 08:00 PM
    I have built in Realtek High Defenition Audio device (VEN_10EC&DEV_0269) with latest driver available (v. 6.0.1.7458).
    But I have no sound and system says that I have no audio device installed.

I`ve tried default windows driver - no result.
    I`ve tried download Realtek driver from official web site - no result.
    Just - no audio device.
    03-26-2015 01:00 AM
    Hey everyone, thanks for creating this thread. Wanted to let you know that we're listening and I've forwarded this thread to some of our audio-experts so you should see them chiming in shortly to gather more info
    hi gifffdeev! my external audio interface doesn't work anymore with the new build (Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 (Firewire)). It shows the two LEDs for "powered" and "firewire connected" but when I try to play music (browser, Winamp) the app freezes/crashes and then the interface loses the connection.
    I reinstalled the drivers for the Saffire and restarted the PC several times but I didn't manage to get it to work till now.
    Do you have anything on Firewire connected audio problems?
    03-26-2015 02:16 AM
    I am also experiencing Realtek audio issues after installing build 10041 on a Lenovo Thinkcenter desktop. The driver will not install it all. Either by using Windows Update or attempting to update the drive through the Device Manager. Uninstalling the item has no effect either. The error reported during driver installation is 0x800705b4
    03-26-2015 10:25 AM
    I got the problem figured out. I went to the Realtek website and downloaded their drivers for Windows 8.1, it comes in either 32 bit or 64 bit depending on your computer. Once I downloaded it, I opened it, and installed the driver, the problem was corrected. Only hick up I ran into is that once the driver installed, the install screen stayed on after install, so I went into task manager and stopped it.
    No issue and my sound is work just fine like before.
    I wish you all great sucess!
    03-26-2015 11:27 AM
    Hello guys,

The fast way to fix this newer sound problem is, for sure, installing manually the driver, however, this new version takes too much till complete the process (and nobody knows why), then, you need to:

Hit: "WinKey" + R
    Type: gpedit.msc "press enter"
    At Computer Settings go to: Admin Templates > System > Devices Installations
    By the Right Side of the screen double click at "Configure Device Installation Time OUT"
    Check "Enable" option then hit Apply and Ok

Now it's time to try your driver installation, i let windows do the dirty job:

Open "My Computer" and enter Manage and search for Device Configuration OR Management
    You'll notice a "Yellow Marked" device, Right Click on it then Update
    Now you'll let the windows install your device by clicking the first option, that was enough to me!

Good luck and i trully hope i could help someone else.
    hotphil likes this.
    03-26-2015 07:28 PM
    Hello,

Today I received an update for Widows 10 Technical Preview. Since the day I updated Windows 8.1 to Preview it was working ok with minor errors, but after today update my Sound and Volume icon has been disabled. In system shows the device not operating properly and could not turn it on. Please give me an solution to turn on the Sound as I am in Def mode now. Well as still keep on getting error box for One click.

Thank you,
    03-26-2015 09:07 PM
    Hello Mr. Rodolfo,

Thank you for the input. But I couldn't find the gpedit.msc. Are there any other alternative?

Thank you.
    03-26-2015 09:12 PM
    Need a help,

I couldn't get my audio working. Realtek drivers seems not in function. I downloaded and tried to re install still no sound. Untill this update my Laptop was fine, now I am in def mode.Please help.
    03-27-2015 07:48 AM
    Mine is Realtek and yes update indicator fails in last mint. So far I am unsuccessful on getting my sound back on. Please assist us.
    03-27-2015 09:06 AM
    Hello guys,

The fast way to fix this newer sound problem is, for sure, installing manually the driver, however, this new version takes too much till complete the process (and nobody knows why), then, you need to:

Hit: "WinKey" + R
    Type: gpedit.msc "press enter"
    At Computer Settings go to: Admin Templates > System > Devices Installations
    By the Right Side of the screen double click at "Configure Device Installation Time OUT"
    Check "Enable" option then hit Apply and Ok

Now it's time to try your driver installation, i let windows do the dirty job:

Open "My Computer" and enter Manage and search for Device Configuration OR Management
    You'll notice a "Yellow Marked" device, Right Click on it then Update
    Now you'll let the windows install your device by clicking the first option, that was enough to me!

Good luck and i trully hope i could help someone else.
    I tried this but it did not resolve the issue.
    03-27-2015 10:42 AM
    Mine Volume button is locked & Audiosrv Stops
    03-27-2015 10:54 AM
    Mine is Realtek and yes update indicator fails in last mint. So far I am unsuccessful on getting my sound back on. Please assist us.
    Have you tried going to the RealTek site and getting the correct drivers for you system. I believe they are listed under drivers for 8.1
    03-27-2015 01:46 PM
    I was able to get sound back by using the universal driver however WU is still trying and failing to install the Realtek driver.
    03-27-2015 04:02 PM
205 12345 ...