05-28-2017 05:03 AM
205 ... 6789
tools
    My sound keeps cutting out everyday in about this time (22:00).
    08-12-2015 04:01 PM
    My windows 10 experience has been pretty bad from start. I upgraded my win7 which worked perfectly on my HP pavillion DV6 with amd A8 3500, 6 GB ram, HD audio (realtek) and ATI raedeon HD graphics.
    Windows 10 does everything slower and all apps which use audio take like 40 secs- 1 min to load. And you can hear some random sound clipping.
    Also games that never crashed on 7 now does multiple times a day.

I tried cleaning temp and install folders, defragmenting and didn't help on speeds, only ccleaner registry fix regained some speed.

Everything was installed succesfully when windows 10 upgraded, but obviously drivers are not working properly. Went to my computer driver's page and all drivers are shown as updated to comply with windows 10 as they have August 2015 date on the list, but as you read their description the files are the same from 2011.
    So I guess I can only wait for windows to come up with some fix to all this or go back to windows 7. :'( I had high hopes on 10.
    08-12-2015 05:18 PM
    I had this problem on the launch day, then idk why, it stops, maybe some update, but today on this last update the problem comes back.
    Sound is like having some interferences or getting plugged/unplugged on energy every 2-5 seconds. "durr" "durrr" everytime.

Windows can't find any problem. Someone please help-me with this Realtek soundboard!
    08-12-2015 06:36 PM
    I am facing the same issue with RealTek and I can see you guys are already working on it...I just want to add that whenever Windows is updating itself the problem comes up and I have to restore windows to get proper audio
    08-13-2015 12:28 PM
    Interesting, as today I updated my Realtec HD Audio drivers on my Asus K55 laptop to v6.0.1.7581 Driver date: 8/11/2015, and thus far (keeping my fingers crossed-lol) all previous issues with audio glitches, Windows sounds seem fine..Unlike v6.0.1.7576-->where I got audio vibrations, glitches...
    08-14-2015 10:36 AM
    Have had problems with USB audio dropping out for split seconds since moving to Windows 10. Have now given up & gone back to Windows 8.1. Sound perfect again. Generally liked Windows 10 & intend to re-install when I am certain problems are resolved.

If you install 10 for a second time does the option to go back to 8.1 for 30 days start again?
    08-16-2015 02:05 AM
    I would clean install 10 if you installed threshold 240 build you should be green for go, back up files before you run!
    08-16-2015 02:30 AM
    I upgraded from Windows 7 and right from the start, the sound would just stop working, with a small crackling sound on adjustments to the volume controls. I have been trying to troubleshoot this, and found some symptoms that I have not seen reported. First, it is acting as if it is possible now for a single app to grab the sound even if it is inactive. In Windows 7 I could have a CD playing in the background and still have sounds mixed in from other apps in the foreground. This morning I had a game app running, and did not want to quit it, so I minimized it and went to work on my normal activities. There was no sound from any other app, but when I brought up the game again, the sound was back. I have not quit the game yet, but this might explain some of the sound issues. If a process can get exclusive rights to the sound, then that would explain the difference I am seeing between windows 7 and 10.
    08-18-2015 08:46 AM
    Still having occasional issues on .7580, but less frequent.
    08-20-2015 08:00 AM
    Me, too..Update yesterday from Win 10 lost all sound. I am sick of crappy Windows 10 updates screwing up my system. Not good. Wish I had not upgraded.
    08-21-2015 03:54 PM
    Hi, I'm having troubles with sound since I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My computer used to have Dolby Advanced Audio which worked perfectly and the sound was ever so clear and loud and when I updated to W10 there wasn't a driver available for my Dolby audio yet (for W10) so I have been using the Realtek High Definition Audio that came with the computer too. The problem is similar to what other people here experienced, it sounds distorted and sometimes lower than usual. I checked if there was a new Realtek driver update but there isn't. What should I do next?
    08-22-2015 02:04 PM
    Update your bios. That will fix the problem
    08-22-2015 04:39 PM
    Update bios that should fix the problem!
    08-22-2015 04:40 PM
    Update Bios
    08-22-2015 04:41 PM
    how to do that I'm using Sony VAIO E-Series
    08-23-2015 12:12 PM
    Hi, I'm having cut-out problems too with Windows 10. It is on webinars, online chats, videos, & music. I use HP/IDT High Def Audio CODEC. I would greatly appreciate a fix for this, because its affecting my work. Thank you !
    08-26-2015 11:19 AM
    Living proof that Microsoft needs to start testing their products for bugs before releasing them all willy-nilly, remember Vista?
    09-04-2015 05:03 PM
    Living proof that Microsoft needs to start testing their products for bugs before releasing them all willy-nilly, remember Vista?
    What was the preview program then? That went on for 9 months I'd know because I used it since the beginning. That was testing's if I'm correct. It's not Microsoft's fault if drivers for older OS's aren't updated to be compatible with Windows 10.
    09-04-2015 05:08 PM
    Hi

I found a simple fix for the audio problems. My audio has the ability to suddenly disappear in the midst of watching a movie. Frustrated me to bits.

Right Click on the speaker icon. Choose Playback Devices>Speakers>Property>Advanced. Try different settings in Default Format by clicking Play. This will fix the audio.

And when my audio was back on again, i right click the speaker icon on taskbar, choose Playback devices>Communications and tick 'do nothing' box (when windows detect communication activity). Apparently Windows has the tendency to reselect the speakers default format when this is turnoned. Hope Windows can fix this.
    09-07-2015 05:58 AM
    Hi I am having the same problems and have been for a month tried all sorts of settings new driver after mew driver but sound still cuts out randomly on anything I am doing that uses sound.
    09-09-2015 03:02 AM
    I updated the sound card. But still the same problem. Its getting severe. I have to refresh the video link to get the sound back. Happens in every 20 min while wathching video. Please help
    09-13-2015 02:54 AM
    I have an huge exam coming up and my class videos do the same thing....they cut out at around the 20 minute mark???
    What can I do.....I am running out of time?
    09-22-2015 07:13 PM
    my sound will work fine for a little bit but will stop until i restart my computer. i thought this was just my computer but reading the other responses i guess it's just 10 lol
    10-09-2015 08:40 PM
    I'm having the same issues. My sound will randomly cut out and my start menu will lock up and won't open. Its been happening for a few weeks now, but it didn't at first. The only way to restart my PC is to right-click the Window Icon on the Taskbar and select the restart option from there.....or just press the button on my case lol
    10-14-2015 08:37 PM
    Seems I arrived late on this thread but only encountered the problem in the last week or 2. Had Windows 10 installed since launch day, no issues with audio until recently. When I try to play media files saved locally WMP says that "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with the sound device. There may not be a sound device on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly"

The weird part is if I do a reboot the sound works again as normal. But temporarily. I can come back to my PC a few hours I receive the same message again forcing me to reboot again and again. No issues present in Device Manager. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the Realtek drivers and tried using the Windows HD Audio driver instead. No changes. Not sure what caused this but there's no restore point taking be back far enough to correct this issue.

Not sure what else to try.
    10-19-2015 01:25 AM
205 ... 6789