Having Windows 10 preview sound problems?

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
after i reinstall drivers i got sound, but after i restart laptop its no sound again, and its over and orver again

ASUS N55S
It may be trying to (re)install the old drivers. Might be worth checking, and deleting/moving the old driver files.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone, thanks for creating this thread. Wanted to let you know that we're listening and I've forwarded this thread to some of our audio-experts so you should see them chiming in shortly to gather more info

hi gifffdeev! my external audio interface doesn't work anymore with the new build (Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 (Firewire)). It shows the two LEDs for "powered" and "firewire connected" but when I try to play music (browser, Winamp) the app freezes/crashes and then the interface loses the connection.
I reinstalled the drivers for the Saffire and restarted the PC several times but I didn't manage to get it to work till now.
Do you have anything on Firewire connected audio problems?

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I am also experiencing Realtek audio issues after installing build 10041 on a Lenovo Thinkcenter desktop. The driver will not install it all. Either by using Windows Update or attempting to update the drive through the Device Manager. Uninstalling the item has no effect either. The error reported during driver installation is 0x800705b4

Robert Eugene

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I got the problem figured out. I went to the Realtek website and downloaded their drivers for Windows 8.1, it comes in either 32 bit or 64 bit depending on your computer. Once I downloaded it, I opened it, and installed the driver, the problem was corrected. Only hick up I ran into is that once the driver installed, the install screen stayed on after install, so I went into task manager and stopped it.
No issue and my sound is work just fine like before.
I wish you all great sucess!

Rodolfo Guimaraes

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys,

The fast way to fix this newer sound problem is, for sure, installing manually the driver, however, this new version takes too much till complete the process (and nobody knows why), then, you need to:

Hit: "WinKey" + R
Type: gpedit.msc "press enter"
At Computer Settings go to: Admin Templates > System > Devices Installations
By the Right Side of the screen double click at "Configure Device Installation Time OUT"
Check "Enable" option then hit Apply and Ok

Now it's time to try your driver installation, i let windows do the dirty job:

Open "My Computer" and enter Manage and search for Device Configuration OR Management
You'll notice a "Yellow Marked" device, Right Click on it then Update
Now you'll let the windows install your device by clicking the first option, that was enough to me!

Good luck and i trully hope i could help someone else. :wink:

MrChathura

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Today I received an update for Widows 10 Technical Preview. Since the day I updated Windows 8.1 to Preview it was working ok with minor errors, but after today update my Sound and Volume icon has been disabled. In system shows the device not operating properly and could not turn it on. Please give me an solution to turn on the Sound as I am in Def mode now. Well as still keep on getting error box for One click.

Thank you,

MrChathura

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Need a help,

I couldn't get my audio working. Realtek drivers seems not in function. I downloaded and tried to re install still no sound. Untill this update my Laptop was fine, now I am in def mode.Please help.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,

The fast way to fix this newer sound problem is, for sure, installing manually the driver, however, this new version takes too much till complete the process (and nobody knows why), then, you need to:

Hit: "WinKey" + R
Type: gpedit.msc "press enter"
At Computer Settings go to: Admin Templates > System > Devices Installations
By the Right Side of the screen double click at "Configure Device Installation Time OUT"
Check "Enable" option then hit Apply and Ok

Now it's time to try your driver installation, i let windows do the dirty job:

Open "My Computer" and enter Manage and search for Device Configuration OR Management
You'll notice a "Yellow Marked" device, Right Click on it then Update
Now you'll let the windows install your device by clicking the first option, that was enough to me!

Good luck and i trully hope i could help someone else. :wink:
I tried this but it did not resolve the issue.

KDParker

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Mine is Realtek and yes update indicator fails in last mint. So far I am unsuccessful on getting my sound back on. Please assist us.

Have you tried going to the RealTek site and getting the correct drivers for you system. I believe they are listed under drivers for 8.1

Povilas Kalvaitis

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Hello, my audio on ASUS 5738ZG failed after windows update to build 10041, Windows update for driver fails, I fixed the problem by installing audio driver: WinFlash_Win7_8_VER2420.zip (search it in google, I cant post links :( )

Enjoy the sound :)

Red DiPietro

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Yeah i just bought this toshiba C55D-B5102 last saterday and i did the windows 10 preview build 10041 update last night (which took 12 hours by the way) and when i went to use my computer after that there is no volume icon, i click on adjust system volume and it says there is no devices installed, i checked device manager there is an unknown audio device connected to the high def audio bus, i tried plugging in my headphones and my speakers (separately) and there was still nothing, and i also checked manage audio devices and it says
1-Digital Display Audio
AMD High Definition Audio Device
Not Plugged In

2-Digital Display Audio
AMD High Definition Audio Device
Not Plugged In​

please help as soon as possible i really hate this problem and this computer isnt even three weeks old i knew there would be problems with 10 preview but i wouldnt expect no more sound period

Ed Laughman

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
After the update a few days ago, the audio driver was fubar'd. After uninstalling the driver, I'm having issues getting any driver installed. Strange business.

deux_tt

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone, I just registered to this site for this post and I hope I can help a few of you guys and girls.

Here is my experience.
I just got the new update today and the the sound was no longer working.
The icon was displaying a red X.
The drivers where still installed in the device manager but wen trying to update it would failed to a message saying "failed to update driver"
I have tried to remove and try to install back from the device manager and I got to the same error.

After looking up this site I came across something that made me think about trying to installed the Windows 7 driver.

Windows 10 build 10041
MSI WIND TOP AE2010
I downloaded the drivers from MSI support and installed and had my sound again.
www msi com/support/aio/Wind_Top_AE2010.html#down-driver&Win7 64

Just for the heck I have uninstall the driver again and try to get it installed back by Windows
Getting the same fail(No Audio Output Device is Installed).
Device manager no longer as the option to update the driver.

Re-installed the Windows 7 drivers.
Sound Icon is happy and getting proper sound.

I hope this can help some of you guys.

tejas999

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
For all the guys having problems with sound in the new build of windows 10, I found a solution......
1. Go the device manager and then go to properties and click on update driver.
2.Then click on browse my computer for browse my computer for driver then check the option of only compatible drivers then select the one which is not a realtek audio driver (something like Universal audio..........).
And boom,
The sound starts working again!:smile:

deux_tt

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Hello again
I would suggest looking for your PC maque and model windows 7 drivers as these are for a MSI all in one AE2010 and may not work for other tips off Realtek hardware

Steps to chose your driver within the existing windows default drivers may work for some hardware but not other

Please send PC make and model to get anymore support
My PC is just now making the upgrade to a higher build so can't wait to see but I am in over a half hour waiting with a % slowly going up
I hope all goes well
Will come back to post after the upgrade is done

Replying on my tablet right now

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05