Having Windows 10 preview sound problems?

Andres Tapia

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I'm having cut-out problems too with Windows 10. It is on webinars, online chats, videos, & music. I use HP/IDT High Def Audio CODEC. I would greatly appreciate a fix for this, because its affecting my work. Thank you !

jacob103

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Living proof that Microsoft needs to start testing their products for bugs before releasing them all willy-nilly, remember Vista?

What was the preview program then? That went on for 9 months I'd know because I used it since the beginning. That was testing's if I'm correct. It's not Microsoft's fault if drivers for older OS's aren't updated to be compatible with Windows 10.

Awang Liza

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I found a simple fix for the audio problems. My audio has the ability to suddenly disappear in the midst of watching a movie. Frustrated me to bits.

Right Click on the speaker icon. Choose Playback Devices>Speakers>Property>Advanced. Try different settings in Default Format by clicking Play. This will fix the audio.

And when my audio was back on again, i right click the speaker icon on taskbar, choose Playback devices>Communications and tick 'do nothing' box (when windows detect communication activity). Apparently Windows has the tendency to reselect the speakers default format when this is turnoned. Hope Windows can fix this.

djcanderson

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi I am having the same problems and have been for a month tried all sorts of settings new driver after mew driver but sound still cuts out randomly on anything I am doing that uses sound.:unhappy:

fahad248

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I updated the sound card. But still the same problem. Its getting severe. I have to refresh the video link to get the sound back. Happens in every 20 min while wathching video. Please help

JMol007

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
I have an huge exam coming up and my class videos do the same thing....they cut out at around the 20 minute mark???
What can I do.....I am running out of time?

Kathryn L

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
my sound will work fine for a little bit but will stop until i restart my computer. i thought this was just my computer but reading the other responses i guess it's just 10 lol

Munen

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issues. My sound will randomly cut out and my start menu will lock up and won't open. Its been happening for a few weeks now, but it didn't at first. The only way to restart my PC is to right-click the Window Icon on the Taskbar and select the restart option from there.....or just press the button on my case lol

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Seems I arrived late on this thread but only encountered the problem in the last week or 2. Had Windows 10 installed since launch day, no issues with audio until recently. When I try to play media files saved locally WMP says that "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with the sound device. There may not be a sound device on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly"

The weird part is if I do a reboot the sound works again as normal. But temporarily. I can come back to my PC a few hours I receive the same message again forcing me to reboot again and again. No issues present in Device Manager. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the Realtek drivers and tried using the Windows HD Audio driver instead. No changes. Not sure what caused this but there's no restore point taking be back far enough to correct this issue.

Not sure what else to try.

Randallo

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I have Build 10240 and Realtek sound on my HPE-480t. As soon as I upgraded to Windows 10 the sound became muffled and heavy on bass. I Googled this problem, found it's not uncommon and tried every recommended fix I could find: re-installing the latest driver, using an older driver, changing sound settings, bit rate, etc., etc. Everything else is working fine but I can no longer edit video on my high-end desktop. Is there anything I can do other than going back to Windows 7-64?

Thanks

SuperSpoukie

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
For all the guys having problems with sound in the new build of windows 10, I found a solution......
1. Go the device manager and then go to properties and click on update driver.
2.Then click on browse my computer for browse my computer for driver then check the option of only compatible drivers then select the one which is not a realtek audio driver (something like Universal audio..........).
And boom,
The sound starts working again!:smile:

Thank You tejas999!! You are a genius! It worked for me.....:winktongue:

Thenevster

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
It's a year since MS said they were working on a fix for the Realtek sound issue on Win10. It's still there - a regular rising and falling burst of distortion that interferes with the timing of music, as well. What is happening? Is there a fix? I have re-installed and updated drivers but no joy.

cornwall99

May 28, 2017
Visit site
Hey everyone, thanks for creating this thread. Wanted to let you know that we're listening and I've forwarded this thread to some of our audio-experts so you should see them chiming in shortly to gather more info

Okay, I have realtek audio on a Dell Inspiron laptop. Until Friday May 26, all was well. I could use screencastomatic to narrate videos for my business. I then found it has so much lag I cannot record and therefore, cannot submit work/earn money. I am at my wits end.

I have tried so many things, from googling and reading forums.

Later in this thread, someone said to click the driver that is not the one I usually use (ie not realtek). I did that, and of course the sound is atrocious, though it didn't seem to cut out. So that's no solution.

I have tried every scenario with/without headphones.

I can only assume (and I may be way off) that the recent malware updates that MS released (due to a global malware thing the other week) has stuffed something up.

I am reasonably computer savvy but not a computer tech person.

I am absolutely desperate to fix this issue, so that I can do something as basic as record my voice to narrate videos.

Please. Anyone. Anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs