I need to test Windows 10 for work. But we're on a domain. Did anyone have any troubles joining a domain with Windows 10?
    10-04-2014 08:32 AM
    I was able to join a domain with no problems. I'm running the preview dual boot from a VHD.
    dlalonde likes this.
    10-04-2014 09:34 AM
    Great! I needed to make sure before I started :)
    10-04-2014 10:04 AM
    Probably best download the Enterprise version rather than the home one.
    10-04-2014 07:33 PM
    Also, its way to early to test in the enterprise. Wait for RTM.
    10-04-2014 11:57 PM
    Why would it be OK to test at home but not in an enterprise? If you mean not use it as a production machine, that, I know ;)

Being an IT I need to be able to know how it works when the RTM comes out. That means not only Windows itself but how it interacts with our internal software. I've installed the previews from every build since Windows 8 for that very reason.

Hotphil: I didn't see different versions. Is there really a home and enterprise version?
    10-05-2014 08:13 AM
    Why would it be OK to test at home but not in an enterprise? If you mean not use it as a production machine, that, I know ;)

Being an IT I need to be able to know how it works when the RTM comes out. That means not only Windows itself but how it interacts with our internal software. I've installed the previews from every build since Windows 8 for that very reason.

Hotphil: I didn't see different versions. Is there really a home and enterprise version?
    Yes....there is an Enterprise edition. See the screenshot below. I almost missed it when I was downloading.

capture.jpg
    10-05-2014 08:18 AM
    I'm testing it in our environment but then again I work in IT. So far I am very impressed that it has worked with everything I use in my daily support role.
    dlalonde likes this.
    10-05-2014 08:24 AM
    I'm testing it in our environment but then again I work in IT. So far I am very impressed that it has worked with everything I use in my daily support role.
    That's why I do it too! Thanks for the link to the Enterprise version! :)
    10-05-2014 11:07 AM
    I am running it without issue on our domain. On my daily driver as an upgrade from 8.1 and a clean install into a VM.

My main machine has no touch screen and I never used the modern stuff at all before. With the new start menu I am actually using a few modern apps like twitter and Yammer rather than the web sites.

So far I like it.
    dlalonde likes this.
    10-05-2014 11:33 AM
    That so? Is that why they released RSAT tools as well? I am running it on a VM and on my work station and both work fine in an enterprise environment.
    10-06-2014 11:23 AM
    Actually MS said that this release was targeted at enterprise users primarily with the consumer features being targeted for early next year.
    dlalonde likes this.
    10-06-2014 04:30 PM