I feel bad for Microsoft. So many whiners that can't read.

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Don't feel bad for them. Microsoft is a multi-Billion Dollar corporation, with about $30 Billion in overseas reserves in cash; I'm sure they don't need your pity, .

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I was smart enough to put it on a machine I no longer use and don't care if it ever runs again afterword. I managed to fix my minor issues with it myself. I've done all this stuff for a long time. I would advise against it for someone who has never installed windows themselves. If you have to ask "Will I loose my files?" then don't do it and you need to get a proper backup solution so that you don't ever ask that question again.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed quite a few articles by 'tech journalists' that are complaining about this and that and how Windows is doomed lol

Edit: Typo

Well it could be. Back in the early 90's when I started in IT I predicted the fall of IBMs OS to Windows and sure as rain it happened.
The kids in school today are using chrome books and google docs to do their papers. They could care less about windows, so don't be surprised if in the next 10 years you see Windows the OS go the way of the Dino.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Well it could be. Back in the early 90's when I started in IT I predicted the fall of IBMs OS to Windows and sure as rain it happened.
The kids in school today are using chrome books and google docs to do their papers. They could care less about windows, so don't be surprised if in the next 10 years you see Windows the OS go the way of the Dino.
No one in business are using Chromebooks so there are key areas Windows is very entrenched. In fact now the price of Windows tablets are now super low business applications are starting to move to those touch based environments.

Every OS release the doomsday people come out the cupboards, but Windows is very much here to stay.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 made me realize how much I like Windows 8.1 now. What's weird is that I'm having the complete opposite issue with Windows 10 that everyone had with Windows 8. People first using Win 8 had trouble adjusting to a touch friendly interface because they were too use to desktop mode. I'm having trouble accepting Win 10 as a desktop and want to use the touch friendly interface even though I'm using a keyboard and mouse...

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

And then they'll go to work and be forced to learn how to use Windows and Office. They might as well learn it now, to be honest.

orangeman34

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Personally I'm just thrilled that I've been using it a few days now and haven't encountered any type of bug. Impressive for a preview of a system that is many months away from official release.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Maybe...even Microsoft knows this and it's why they are investing so heavily in the cloud. Nothing is forever and I'm not saying its going to happen today or tomorrow, but once corporations move to the cloud why do they need anything more than a dumb terminal for productivity.

Anywho I'm not saying its doom, but I'm sure no one saw the fall of IBM years ago, because everyone was using their OS Software for productivity.

Richard Culverhouse

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Well, if it does I shall be holding you personally responsible /P

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
once corporations move to the cloud why do they need anything more than a dumb terminal for productivity.

It's already happening. We sell accounting software (one of Microsoft's Dynamics products), and just last week I moved a customer's ERP to their new cloud server. They are moving towards their workstations being little more than dumb terminals. Any capabilities Windows has over Mac or even Chromebooks are becoming less and less relevant for them as they transfer to their new cloud server.

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I am excited for Windows 10, however I am a bit disappointed that a lot of Metro Features I do love are being dumbed down.

Windows 8(I am using Windows 8 actually now on my OG Surface since I reset it to get back my space) is such a great OS to me and always has been.

Windows 8.1 improved it....

I don't like the fact that Metro has been dumbed down to accommodate those who refuse to adapt and learn but I am excited for Win10 as well.

Though I don't think i'll be installing this preview until the consumer stuff comes out.

I am not expert and can gladly admit that :D

Are you disappointed because "metro being dumbed down" on a preview release, a very early release, that explicitly have been explained that not include any "Metro and Touch" features because it is not supposed to be for consumers?

I'm sorry but in some way, you are the kind of people who OP is referring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos