Some Unknown Features of Win 10

Sunrit Chroma

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Ok here are some things you didn't know

1. pressing windows key + c brings up the charms bar which works like win 8.1 except the start logo brings up the start menu. I think they should remove this because a dedicated start button and then the charms seem redundant.
2. If you do the same key combo in a metro app or click the 3 dots next to the icon of a metro app you will get to use the exact same fuctions of the charms bar minus the start and settings.
3. YOU CAN STILL RUN METRO APPS FULL SCREEN. Just do the key combo or press the 3 dot in a metro app and you will get a button that says fullscreen, and works just like win 8.1
3. when you are in a different desktop, pinned icons to the task bar show a little strip of transparancy at the bottom which you can click to open in the other desktop
4. You can get rid of the live tiles on the start menu. This is more obvious but if you unpin all the apps you just have a clean start menu.

If you find any more comment btu dont go around saying that you knew this before because if u did good for you

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Also, as I just realised, you can make the Start menu taller or shorter with a drag handle at the top of the Start menu (yes, seems a little backward from Windows 7 where you could just dig into the Start menu properties)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Also, as I just realised, you can make the Start menu taller or shorter with a drag handle at the top of the Start menu (yes, seems a little backward from Windows 7 where you could just dig into the Start menu properties)

I don't think it's a backwards step, lets look at the Windows 7 vs. Windows 10 way of doing this:

Windows 7
Right Click Taskbar > Click Properties > Start Menu tab > Click Customise > Use Spinners to adjust the amount of programs/recent items you can see.

Windows 10
Grab Handle at top of Start Menu > Drag mouse up or down.

I would say the Windows 10 version is a step forward instead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb