Problem installing antivirus on Technical Preview

raveesh123

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
In my laptop windows 10 tech preview is installed but now I can't instal the antivirus why? And how can I activet this OS plz Tel me..

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Problem

You may activate the OS by connecting to the internet. Just in case, however, there's an activation key over at Download Windows Technical Preview - Microsoft Windows

As for the Antivirus program not being compatible, try reporting this to Microsoft. Do be sure to include the version of the Antivirus program, what versions of Windows it's supposed to support, and what kind of error you get when installing it. (You an also try troubleshooting it with the Program Compatibility troubleshooter.)

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

This is not surprising. I've never been able to install a current AV product on a windows beta release. Not to mention other utilities as well. I used to use Norton Ghost (something) Suite that allowed me to visualize all the computers on the network and reimage them remotely as well as rename them after the image was successful. It flat out refused to install on windows 7 during the beta version. Now that I'm a programmer and not IT anymore I have no use for that program (which is why I can't remember the full name).

plot_almighty

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

Why it is not showing charm bar in windows tech preview..

It may be a bug I can't name. I can access the charms bar same as I did in Win 8.1. If you're using a mouse then drag your pointer to the top right corner of your screen then drag it down if it appears. If you're using a touch screen then do a quick swipe to the left from the middle of the left edge of your screen.

plot_almighty

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
In my laptop windows 10 tech preview is installed but now I can't instal the antivirus why? And how can I activet this OS plz Tel me..

Despite being an alpha release you should try the following:

1. Right click the installer and select "Run as Administrator". Usually solves install problems.

If you do manage to install but can't run it try right clicking the desktop icon and clicking "Troubleshoot Compatibility" and run the wizard till you see an option that says "Ran on an earlier version of Windows". At this point select Windows 7, click next, then click "Test Program". If it runs the click "Save settings" and you're good to go.

If it doesn't work at first then do it all over again until you either A) run out of earlier versions to try or B) find a version that works. If you go through all of them and it still doesn't work then I'm afraid you'll have to wait until the developer updates it to be compatible.

P.S-Malwarebytes has a stupidly large installation success rate for every stable release of Windows. XP and forward. It can serve the role of AV nicely until yours runs/installs properly. Just remember to run the scans as the free version doesn't have an active scanner.

Hope this helps!

Sebastian Pop

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
i instaled Bitdefender free antivirus x64 working verry well.The best antivirus from windows 10.
I try instaled 360 internet security, but no working..in compatibility mode windows 7 x64..work..hard.:shocked:

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Great advice!

Note to original poster. Please understand that Windows 10 Technical Preview is test software ONLY. Your preferred antivirus vendor has the same issue and is working towards compatibility. At no time should you expect ANY third party software, including antivirus software, to function normally. If no antivirus (excluding Microsoft's native antivirus program) is a pressing concern, you should uninstall Window 10 Technical Preview.

Please report compatibility issue using Microsoft's provided app in Windows 10 Technical Preview or post in Microsoft Technical Preview support forum.

Lastly, ensure you notify your preferred antivirus program vendor so that they commence(if they haven't already) Windows 10 compatibility project.

PeterHeinze

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Bitdefender may be the best choice for the moment.
WARNING! I was running Win10 Enterprise Preview and tried to install Qihoo 360 Internet Security. First error message was: ...not compatible... Tried to install in compatibility mode then: That seemed to be fine, I was able to perform a complete 360 scan with no problems - just Farbar FRST was quarantined. BUT - after a system restart MAJOR functions of Win10 were just gone! No WiFi, no config tools, no Defender restart, some installed programs had just disappeared.
Had to use the latest restore point, this time I was lucky.
Therefore I strongly recommend: Make restore points before you try out unknown software!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Why it is not showing charm bar in windows tech preview..

Not yet included are the mouse/corner gestures like in Windows 8/8.1 though they say the Charms menu will change by the time the retail OSS comes out. We may see a version of it in the upcoming Consumer Preview. For now though, to access the Charms menu in this current tech preview, just use the keyboard shortcut (Win+C)

matthewsstacey

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi Raveesh,

Don't worry, Yesterday also i am installed free antivirus software for my Windows 10 OS.

Antivirus for Windows 10 - Installation Steps:

1. Download Free Antivirus for Windows 10 from Comodo

2. Give Permission to Install

3. Complete the setup wizard

4. Reboot your computer, then double click on the icon on your desktop

5. Run a scan to detect and remove viruses, spyware and malware

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member