Windows 10 Technical Preview on Dell Venue 8 Pro

BIgredbrandon

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone tried to install the technical preview on one of the mini tablets? My main machine is a laptop and didn't want to install the technical preview on it. Any hands on experience would be great info.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Just curious but why would you want to install on an 8 in touch device when the TP is not yet fully optimized for touch and lacks key touch features that are still months off? Honestly, the most it will demonstrate is it can be done.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
You can install the TP on your current machine using a VM. But I wouldn't use this on a Dell Venue 8 Pro. Not much touch is enabled for it.

BIgredbrandon

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I watched the video and didn't hear about it not being touch optimized. The most I heard was a line from Daniel about it being kind of awkward on his Pro 3. Was just curious.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
This preview is aimed a users who use a keyboard/mouse as there primary input. It is no yet optimized for a machine like the DV8P. Thinks like snap are less functional than 8.1 and all the modern style apps run in Windows with borders even when full screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium