My views on windows 10 and what should change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinay Bhargav

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft fails to do its homework yet again by shoving another sorry piece of software onto the people. :angry:
1. Microsoft refuses to do a survey on what exactly people expect from a new OS. By doing this they have not only delivered a bloated, superficially changed software, they have also doomed their chance of taking back the failing desktop/laptop market.
2. Microsoft does not realize that people do not want a revolutionary OS but an evolutionary OS. An Os which is better than the previous one. By "better" means better performance(application level and kernel level), better memory management(application level and kernel level). Windows XP still performs better than all their new OS.
3. HDD have become cheap does not mean that Microsoft has the right to increase their OS size and push down unwanted features down our throat. People need huge hard disks to store their personal and business data, not Microsoft's.
4. Microsoft fails to understand that personal desktop customization does not mean just to change a picture or a background in PC settings. A personal desktop is to have different kinds of icons, customizable explorer windows, new artwork. Go look at DeviantArt, if you do not understand what I am saying.
5. The new start menu has changed nothing. I would rather say they have copied the idea from Jay Machalani's concept.
6. I see Metro apps for Windows 10 desktop as totally useless. Because there are software available for free which are 100 times better than the Metro apps. Take email app. Microsoft Outlook, Thunderbird is a direct competitor to this app. And this app is in no way comparable to these software.
7. Trying to make a Unified OS for all platforms is a bad idea. First of all, this means that Windows Phone OS will not be there in the future. Second, it means that Microsoft is banking on this Unified OS idea which is a very huge risk.

OK, I have yapped enough of windows failures. What can Microsoft do to get rid of this negativity. :grin:
1. Microsoft should follow Lean and Mean policy. Their OS should occupy less space and should be faster. This is an age of speed and performance, not an age of tiles, ribbons and charms.
2. Remove unwanted features in the OS, features which majority of people are not going to use. Make them separate software. That way if they want that feature, they have to pay for that. By doing this not only the performance will increase, you will also make money.
3. Stop marketing Windows based on superficial features. Use real performance benchmarks to support your OS. Show performance graphs, charts and numbers.
4. Add necessary features, not some features which your development team can think off.
5. Categorize windows editions depending on where it is used. Example, gamer edition, business edition, home edition, etc.. and depending on editions include necessary Microsoft software.
6. Make development of software for windows platform easier by constant improvisation of various technologies through user feedback.
7. Further develop your Windows Phone OS. Make it more comprehensive. Windows Phone OS is a very good OS for ARM based Tablets and phones. Market Windows Phone OS for Smartphones ,ARM based devices and the usual Windows OS for Intel based devices excluding smartphones. Link these two OS using One Drive and other Cloud based services.

Note: This is not my hatred towards Windows 10, but a sincere review of the latest OSs by Microsoft. In fact I want Microsoft to succeed as I am a huge fan of Windows OS. I downloaded the OS the day it was announced. I am also a Windows App and Software Developer.

Last edited:

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
And not going to read about an alpha OS that someone doesn't understand isn't unfinished

Give feedback to Microsoft, let them plan it out, there's still a year after it's fully let out of the house to the free world, and I bet a lot will change before then (which even they said it would).

Vinay Bhargav

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
And not going to read about an alpha OS that someone doesn't understand isn't unfinished

Give feedback to Microsoft, let them plan it out, there's still a year after it's fully let out of the house to the free world, and I bet a lot will change before then (which even they said it would).

I know and I am not talking just about Windows 10. I am talking about their whole lineup of new Windows OS. And as far as features of Windows 10 are concerned, they are not going to change a lot even if they have said it would. They will add small features here and there. The windows developers are probably concentrating on removing thousands of bugs reported by users. Please think in a developer point of view.
Many people have already given feedback to Microsoft and are still waiting for a good OS from them.

Vinay Bhargav

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Story, I stopped reading after the third feature you recommend they add which is already in Windows.

1. Can you please elaborate. I would really like to understand what you are saying. If there is some features removed or added, or some performance benchmarks of new windows showing that it is better than Windows XP(which most of the people think to be the best work of Microsoft). Please direct me to the URL.
2. For me its not a story. Windows is the OS I am dependent on. I want it it to be top notch because I paid for it and I know you expect the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb