Whats Your View about this Implementation of Start Menu?

TechnoReact

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
=============================================================================================================
Windows 10 is out as a Technical Preview and many of us are already using it.

You would have noticed the new start menu which expands on right when apps are pinned to it.

start-typical.jpgwindows10_tech-preview_start-menu-100464961-orig.png

But what if you pin many apps to it and it keep on expanding to the right? Wont it become difficult to launch the start menu as it will become bigger as compared to one that is supposed to cover only lower left of our screen.

Solution:

Why don't Microsoft implement the Start Screen of Windows Phone. Instead of expanding it to the right, it can keep on increasing at the bottom like that on Windows Phone. This way, it will give a freedom to pin as many apps we want properly and keep the total area covered small.

What do you all think about this implementation of Start Menu?

I hope any WPCentral editors would have seen this post....

================================================================================================

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Why? Why? Why? Because it is a beta, not intended for consumers, not intended to show the final UI, it is not finished yet, and more and more features (and the final Start Menu) will be released on next months.

I'm really tired that people don't understand what TP is and what TP isn't.

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Why? Why? Why? Because it is a beta, not intended for consumers, not intended to show the final UI, it is not finished yet, and more and more features (and the final Start Menu) will be released on next months.

I'm really tired that people don't understand what TP is and what TP isn't.

It is a preview for anyone who wants to try it to do so, or can you point me to where MS say consumers should not be using it

It's new People want to talk about it, MS want people to give feedback

I'm really tired of all these people that shout anyone down who makes comments about it, its a public TP, not a closed TP

hagjohn

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I think the start menu isn't needed at all in windows anymore. I like 8's implementation of start screen and instead of continuing to innovate, they are going backwards.

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
It is a preview for anyone who wants to try it to do so, or can you point me to where MS say consumers should not be using it

It's new People want to talk about it, MS want people to give feedback

I'm really tired of all these people that shout anyone down who makes comments about it, its a public TP, not a closed TP

- I never said that only some people can try TP, anyone can install the OS and try it.
- There is a site for feedback https://windows.uservoice.com
- Windows 10 has an app for feedback and it is great

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I quite like it on my non touch laptop and even my tablet it's ok, although tend to not use it on the tablet. Great fun overall! Beta tester for many years and many products, so we're by no means seeing th final UI

GCrane1982

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I thought the same thing and even created a mock up of it. Windows phone already has a start screen with live tiles and a full app list similar to what they are wanting to implement I Windows 10 so why not make them the same UI. There a so many UI inconsistencies between WP and Windows that it is beyond a joke. One would have thought that with one windows experience across al devices the UI's would be aligned as much as possible.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AIVET9CSmjLl6Bo&v=3&ithint=photo,png

anon(5818411)

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I think the start menu isn't needed at all in windows anymore. I like 8's implementation of start screen and instead of continuing to innovate, they are going backwards.

uhhh no... They need that start menu much like a lot of legacy features. Sure they can build onto it but it is needed. This whole "Charms" bar messes with the flow of Windows.

The metro tiles in the start menu are not needed though. It would be better if you can put them right on your desktop with your programs. Who ever thought of 2 screens (1 desktop and 1 metro) was utterly stupid. Why not make it productive and put it all on screen?

To innovate make the certain Tiles interactive like uhh widgets...

Microsoft needs to back pedal A LOT to bring back NEEDED legacy features which made the OS so great, much like BlackBerry needs to do with BB10. Both companies are currently doing it (back pedaling) which is awesome, I just don't understand how BB10 and Win8.1 even made it out. It's like both companies didn't even think about what they were doing. The core (inhouse) apps on Win8.1 and BB10 are featureless and blah...

Both companies are saying they are trying to make their OS as productive as possible but really they are just adding back productive features that shouldn't have left in the first place.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven