[Solved] Build 9860 - Stuck at Blue screen

hanush14

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I had downloaded build 9860 preview, and left it to install itself and I left for some work. But when I came back, and tried to boot it, it is stuck on Blue Screen error and Restart loop. Also it is not recognizing the Recovery USB Drive and proceeds to the same loop.
Build 9841 was working with ease. No complications whatsoever.

Update: Solved.

Last edited:

jnjroach

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Stuck at Blue Screen error-Restart loop after Build 9860 install.

Are you running a 3rd Party Antivirus? Disable and uninstall and see if it successfully installs...

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

Guess that's what happens when we install a alpha preview on our PCs people! I have to admit, I installed it directly on my laptop and it crashed out. When I managed to boot back in, I could not install Windows 8.1 from a disc or USB, because it said that it couldn't copy installation files (I tried Asus recovery disc and my own). I had to format the whole drive, put Windows 8 on and then update to Windows 8.1. Since installing 8.1, my hard drive failed to boot any version of Windows, so I installed Android x86 ;-)

The hard drive issues may not be related to WTP, but it is a possibility.
I've learned the hard way, not to install a preview OS as the main OS.

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I got back from Calif. 2 days ago and did the huge update to my Windows 10 install, everything was going great when it hung on a "Setting a few things up" screen. I had to force reboot the machine, and I was positive that I hosed the installation, but it fixed itself...thankfully.

hanush14

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site

Solved. IT FIXED ITSELF [long time back]. Updating for the sake of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss