Why doesn't Windows 10 have caps, scroll, or num lock lights on my Logitech G510 keyboard?

Fred Andrews

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I have no caps, scroll, or num lock lights on my Logitech G510 keyboard buttons work but no lights. I'm running a dual boot with 8.1. The buttons and lights work when I boot to 8.1. This was not a problem until yesterdays update.

t.mehoves

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 I have no caps, scroll, or num lock lights on my Logitech G510 keyboard

I have the same issue as well, same keyboard. I didn't even notice until I saw this topic.

Jetdrive

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 I have no caps, scroll, or num lock lights on my Logitech G510 keyboard

Same here on a Lenovo keyboard. All the lights do not work but keyboard works fine

Michael Kingsbury

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site

Hi

I'm using a Microsoft Natural Elite 40000 Keyboard and I'm having the same issue.
I've tried reinstalling the software and drivers but it didn't solve the problem.

Mike

Michalis BB

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site

One more, but this time with Razer deathstalker.

haroldhues

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site

Glad that other people are having this problem, I was worried that my backlight keyboard (lights turns on and off with Scroll Lock) went bad (Cheap Monoprice Keyboard)

Dylan O Brien

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Same on my HP Pavillion DV6 Laptop, no cap locks button light. Super annoying!

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site

My XPS L502x has no capslock light on either sigh thank god its not me alone i was about to say the led blew

milkybuet

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem on my Logitech G510. Sent a report using the feedback app on Windows 10, I'd suggest everyone to do so. The issue seems universal, but on the app only 8 or so people have hit the "me too" on the most populated entry on this matter, there are a few.

kschwift

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I also have the cmstorm keyboard, no lights. Looking around people have had luck uninstalling the latest update and also regedit: HKEY_USERS > DEFAULT > Control Panel > Keyboard

Giffdev

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, thanks for all the +1s. I will reach out to some colleagues at work and see if we can dig into this. Just wanted to update that we're listening and I'll let you know if we need more info!

update: this is a known issue and we're on top of it. If all goes well, a fix will be available soon :)

Thanks again for the reports!

Last edited:

DJGroundZero

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Go to Regedit (Windows+R - type in Regedit and hit enter)
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Keyboard

Change the key value for "InitialKeyboardIndicators" from "2147483650" to "2"
do a reboot/restart - Bob's your Uncle, Fanny's your Aunt,,,, Mum's the word!!! Hocus Pocus... etc.. I'll stop now :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss