The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
01-11-2015 03:33 AM
42 12
tools
    Let's go down the list:
    8k votes is not 8k people, it's 8k votes. It's also nowhere near a majority.
    I accused you of saying that something was Microsoft's fault when it wasn't. I stick by that.
    You didn't say it was crappy? Really?
    sounds like Microsoft is becoming apple more everyday with people like you sticking up for their crappy service
    The words 'crappy service' are right there.

Please read your own posts before you post them next time, you might not contradict yourself soon afterward. Also, like I pointed out, 8k people haven't said anything. You just don't know how UserVoice works.
    12-04-2014 09:24 PM
    The "crappy" comment I said was directed to the user feedback that they say they wanted badly on this and then just threw in the trash. That's the "crappy service" not the OneDrive service. Service as in customer service. Reading comprehension, learn it, love it.

Its 8 thousand votes from people who decided that this was not a good idea, registered and then voted. How many other people just let it lay because they didn't know how to go against it? Its amazing that you love this new way of how OneDrive operates so much that you will just throw away all those votes. Wow, just wow.

I know ill regret it, but please tell me how you think UserVoice works? Its a forum where people go (at Microsoft direction) to offer honest feedback about their products and policies. Just what possibly else could you think it is? If they don't really want the feedback, and are just going dictate to everyone how they want it done, why even ask for feedback?

I know I shouldn't have come back, but I did. Sigh, Its like arguing with an Apple user. No matter how messed up the system is, its great because it has an Apple logo on it. Well, you win man. You are awesome and correct. Enjoy your awesome new sync. I'll be headed elsewhere till it gets better.

(don't actually bother to reply, ill never see it)
    12-04-2014 09:53 PM
    The "crappy" comment I said was directed to the user feedback that they say they wanted badly on this and then just threw in the trash. That's the "crappy service" not the OneDrive service. Service as in customer service. Reading comprehension, learn it, love it.

Its 8 thousand votes from people who decided that this was not a good idea, registered and then voted. How many other people just let it lay because they didn't know how to go against it? Its amazing that you love this new way of how OneDrive operates so much that you will just throw away all those votes. Wow, just wow.

I know ill regret it, but please tell me how you think UserVoice works? Its a forum where people go (at Microsoft direction) to offer honest feedback about their products and policies. Just what possibly else could you think it is? If they don't really want the feedback, and are just going dictate to everyone how they want it done, why even ask for feedback?

I know I shouldn't have come back, but I did. Sigh, Its like arguing with an Apple user. No matter how messed up the system is, its great because it has an Apple logo on it. Well, you win man. You are awesome and correct. Enjoy your awesome new sync. I'll be headed elsewhere till it gets better.

(don't actually bother to reply, ill never see it)
    I'll bother to reply anyway.

UserVoice is a system where people go to vote on what they deem important. One can put up to three votes on a single thread, implying that they are willing to use three of their votes on one thing.

Also, not throwing them away. I'm saying it isn't a majority. It hasn't even a large minority. You're there over throwing away any opinion that is contrary to your own. You even assume a majority has your opinion based on you wanting them to.

Microsoft wants feedback. That doesn't mean they're going to do everything you want them to do. And if they don't listen to everything, that didn't mean they're ignoring feedback. This isn't an all or nothing system.

Finally, we have the crappy service comment. Since I never defended UserVoice, it only made sense that you meant OneDrive. You claim I don't have reading comprehension, but it's obvious you're just lacking coherence.
    EssThree likes this.
    12-04-2014 10:51 PM
    The changes are a big deal.. the 8.1 solution is way more elegant and effective, especially on devices like the surface pro where you have limited storage.
    lparsons21 likes this.
    12-12-2014 07:22 PM
    The changes are a big deal.. the 8.1 solution is way more elegant and effective, especially on devices like the surface pro where you have limited storage.
    How is the old way better for low storage devices when you have placeholders that take space as opposed to an application that syncs only what you want when you choose it?
    12-13-2014 09:25 PM
    The hamburger icon is still there.
    12-13-2014 09:26 PM
    The hamburger icon is still there.
    Yes it is, and if you look at Cortana you'd see they were moving to it before this UI change.

Edit: Wtf phone, not Cortland.
    Last edited by Michael Alan Goff; 12-14-2014 at 03:26 AM.
    12-13-2014 09:28 PM
    How is the old way better for low storage devices when you have placeholders that take space as opposed to an application that syncs only what you want when you choose it?
    How is the new way better for low storage devices when you have to sync everything to be able to see it?
    12-14-2014 04:16 AM
    How is the new way better for low storage devices when you have to sync everything to be able to see it?
    You don't know what you put where? Don't you organize?
    Last edited by Michael Alan Goff; 12-14-2014 at 04:18 PM.
    12-14-2014 02:14 PM
    You don't know what you put where? Don't you organize?
    If I only had a few files on onedrive I might know where they all are, with thousands of files, no I do not remember exactly where every file is (yes they are organised)

plus I shouldn't need to download a whole folder of files if I only want access to one of them
    jasqid likes this.
    12-15-2014 03:51 AM
    Bringing this back up again. Will the next update undo the crap changes to OneDrive?

This has the second most votes and is only one in top 9 NOT commented on by a Microsoft developer. Revert file pointers (offline / online) in desktop version in Windows 10 ? Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive
    01-06-2015 08:35 AM
    Bringing this back up again. Will the next update undo the crap changes to OneDrive?

This has the second most votes and is only one in top 9 NOT commented on by a Microsoft developer. Revert file pointers (offline / online) in desktop version in Windows 10 ? Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive
    ​Why are people ignoring the fact that the old way of doing things won't work in a world of unlimited OneDrive and severely limited internal storage?
    01-07-2015 06:30 PM
    ​Why are people ignoring the fact that the old way of doing things won't work in a world of unlimited OneDrive and severely limited internal storage?
    doesn't necessarily mean unlimited files will have to be stored there.
    that solution was the best for having limited storage IMO
    01-07-2015 06:45 PM
    doesn't necessarily mean unlimited files will have to be stored there.
    that solution was the best for having limited storage IMO

The space that the placeholder files takes up will keep going up.
    01-09-2015 05:40 PM

The space that the placeholder files takes up will keep going up.
    Not really. All you are looking at is icon data and basic file information. Compared to the actual file size, it is tiny. What they changed it to requires the entire file to be synced which defeats the purpose of cloud storage.
    01-10-2015 06:44 PM
    Not really. All you are looking at is icon data and basic file information. Compared to the actual file size, it is tiny. What they changed it to requires the entire file to be synced which defeats the purpose of cloud storage.
    What? Only sync files you need, it isn't difficult. Also, you obviously don't have many pictures in your OneDrive. Even at a measly 5%, that adds up.
    01-11-2015 02:26 AM
    Good to see that MS have said the idea of placeholders is coming back, although not in time for the release of Win 10 (check onedrive blog for more)

Just hope they don't take to long as this new selective sync is a huge downgrade from what is in 8.1
    xandros9 likes this.
    01-11-2015 03:33 AM
42 12