How to set apps to open with Modern UI on Windows 10?

ergattonero

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi there all,

I started looking at some thread on this forum but I haven't found any answer to my question (my bad, I know).

I tried Windows 10 Technical Preview on my Acer W3-810 - yes, it works on that too :) - but now I'm starting again from scratch, and trying to adapt more to this new system.

Let's go!

Please, tell me there's a way to "force" app to open just like they did on Win8. At least, to decide which app open in "desktop mode" and which one to open with "full screen mode". It's really frustrating for someone using Win10 with a tablet, as for now.

I know it's a technical preview, but it's unsettling to discover that all the work made with Win8 has been trashed *completely* in favour of a system that it's old and touch-unfriendly.

Did Microsoft give us the possibility to choose which behaviour every app should have? And if not, do you know if MS *will* give us this choice?

Thanks in advance, guys :)

​Claudio

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The current Technical Preview is more intended towards the Enterprise and Desktop features. Microsoft would be releasing a Consumer Preview version with all touch enhancements and Modern UI sometime in Jan 2015 as said earlier.

ergattonero

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Right, after writing this post I found another thread talking about that. But still, I really don't get it, I don't get this development roadmap. Oh well, maybe it's just me :)

Giffdev

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but can't you right click and select "open with" and choose what app to open with? For instance, you can open photos with the Photos app or with the more traditional windows photo viewer?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)