Windows 10 File Explorer

wasim sallam

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Build 9879 and it's so good, except one thing that annoying me a lot.
the File Explorer is freezing and always crash.
I checked for update for fixes but there is no updates.
can any one help with this.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's a Tech Preview, mainly meant for developers. It's not meant for a broader public audience, unlike the consumer preview which is presumably going to be announced later today. But even that one is still in beta stage, so always expect it to run a little sluggish and being buggy.

unknow91

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
You're not the only one! That's what happens when you install pre-release software and that's why it's not meant to be used on a daily basis! But I've been doing this since Windows 7 and i love it! Being a beta tester it's awesome! So welcome! XD

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I am an it guy for a medium business and I have been using this build for a month with no issues. Explorer is pretty much up all day on my system moving files between servers client computers and file stores on the web. Personally I would lean towards there being a problem with eithe the chipset drivers for your board, device drivers for drives and media cards, failing drive, or file system corruption. I would run sfc /scannow from an admin command prompt first to make sure that is clean.
I generally do clean installs of builds unless I am testing the upgrade cycle so if this is an upgrade from windows 8/8.1 make sure you don't have any file system addons.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99