02-02-2015 05:21 AM
30 12
tools
    I also cannot install the driver like this. Perhaps it could be my SP3 is i7 with HD5000, and is more picky about the driver, but it is not compatible. The video driver also does not get installed when using the January SP3 driver pack MSI. In fact, the only way that works is MS Updates.

However, the driver downloaded from MS Updates(4079) now functions properly. Running new TP and all is well. A lot different tho!
    How were you able to get past the constant black screens and crashing? I did a full reformat with the new Jan build and still having the problem...
    01-23-2015 06:21 PM
    How were you able to get past the constant black screens and crashing? I did a full reformat with the new Jan build and still having the problem...
    Do not connect to the internet and it wont installed the graphics drivers. You cannot stop windows updates in this build with the UI so they install within like 5 mins of boot with internet
    01-23-2015 06:26 PM
    I did a fresh install. Didn't get black screens after that. Only happened with the previous TPs after installing the display driver from MS Updates.

All I did was fresh install, install January Driver Pack MSI(it asks for a restart), and then connect to internet for windows updates for vid driver. No issues.

If you are getting black screens and whatnot before even getting the display driver on there, that's a separate problem from what I had.
    01-23-2015 07:01 PM
    I did a fresh install. Didn't get black screens after that. Only happened with the previous TPs after installing the display driver from MS Updates.

All I did was fresh install, install January Driver Pack MSI(it asks for a restart), and then connect to internet for windows updates for vid driver. No issues.

If you are getting black screens and whatnot before even getting the display driver on there, that's a separate problem from what I had.
    This finally worked for me. I had to create a local account, install the January Driver Pack, then connect and update
    01-23-2015 11:31 PM
    Latest graphics adapter driver finally fixed my issues with youtube, browser and xBox apps.

I'm still having issues with my Photos app crashing though (have a message about detecting new content and then the app closes on me).
    02-02-2015 05:21 AM
30 12