The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
09-24-2015 11:36 AM
156 ... 567
tools
    Due to Possible pirated hack on this and WC stance on this, unless I get an official OK from a Mod on here, I will not post details on it.
    LOL! How very helpful of you. Now I wonder why you mentioned it in the first place.
    09-08-2015 02:37 AM
    no it isn't, not by far, kodi just needs a bit of tweaking, if you find the right skin kodi is beautiful and far more functional then wmc.
    That's interesting, and I'm happy to stand corrected. I've just looked at the web page, and I'm a bit concerned that it won't work as a PVR without some kind of "back end". Presumably it won't handle tuner cards without some help.

WMC will handle as many tuner cards as you can throw at it. I'd like to build a system that will handle four. Are you able to recommend a "backend" that will support four cards? Kodi lists these as compatible: "MediaPortal, MythTV, NextPVR, Tvheadend, VDR, Windows Media Center, and more".

I'm not wedded to WMC if Kodi is better, so any advice on the PVR functionality it can offer would be great. Thank you.
    Last edited by Steve Thackery; 09-08-2015 at 04:09 AM.
    09-08-2015 02:44 AM
    David,

I just tried this through the method that Windows Central posted today. I'm testing on a machine with no internal tuner, just an HDHomeRun Prime with CableCard on the network. I ran the Digital Cable Advisor successfully, but I'm stuck at the digital cable activation step stating that my product key (one that is always automatically pre-entered) is invalid for activation.

I did get WMC to play one of my copy freely recordings from another PC, but twice during the episode, playback stopped with an error about not having the files to play back the media. As intriguing as this hack is, it's still pretty useless for me without playback of DRM content through my cablecard tuner.
    Ran into this too, when you run WMC, right click on it and run as an Admin....

LOL! How very helpful of you. Now I wonder why you mentioned it in the first place.
    Get over yourself. 2 min on bing or google you can find this. Are you that lazy ?

I got a WARNING on WC because of information that on this type thing, so when it comes to questionable content on this, I will not help anyone on this type of thing on THIS SITE any more.
    09-08-2015 08:33 AM
    I got a WARNING on WC because of information that on this type thing, so when it comes to questionable content on this, I will not help anyone on this type of thing on THIS SITE any more.
    Thank you for clarifying that.
    09-08-2015 08:41 AM
    That's interesting, and I'm happy to stand corrected. I've just looked at the web page, and I'm a bit concerned that it won't work as a PVR without some kind of "back end". Presumably it won't handle tuner cards without some help.

WMC will handle as many tuner cards as you can throw at it. I'd like to build a system that will handle four. Are you able to recommend a "backend" that will support four cards? Kodi lists these as compatible: "MediaPortal, MythTV, NextPVR, Tvheadend, VDR, Windows Media Center, and more".

I'm not wedded to WMC if Kodi is better, so any advice on the PVR functionality it can offer would be great. Thank you.
    well, I cant say much on it, I don't have a cable card anymore, I know kodi is capable of it, but I don't know the specifics as I've never done it, once you get it working to your liking though, I'm certain youll like it more, I used to be a windows media center lover too and ignored xbmc, then I decided to try it and never looked back.
    09-08-2015 06:20 PM
    just go to Hauppauge web page and download the lasted version of the WinTV software I think the disk works
    with all Hauppauge cards ver 8 if you don't have a original Hauppauge disk then I will cost you a wopping
    $8.00
    09-24-2015 11:36 AM
156 ... 567