Can Windows 10 Preview be installed on an HP Stream Laptop?

eseerc

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I purchased an HP Stream 11" today specifically to download and try Windows 10. When I attempted to install Windows 10, I received a message saying that it could not be installed on the laptop because it has "compressed memory" or something like that....

So my question.... is it possible to install Windows 10 preview on my HP Stream? If yes, how can I make it happen?

Thanks for the help!

Tanno76

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem on my tablet. I downloaded the appropriate iso of preview, and unpacked it using winrar onto a flash drive, and used it as a bootable and installed no problem

web1b

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Does it work on the Stream 11 laptop with the current Windows 10 preview build? Do all the drivers and trackpad work?
The Stream 11 is not a tablet.

web1b

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that you can get Windows 10 Techbical Preview installed if you download the ISO as was mentioned above and boot to the ISO with a USB stick or external DVD drive instead of trying to upgrade inside Windows.
However, I don't know if all the HP Stream hardware and drivers work after the installation.
Someone who has installed it would need to post a response.

jayblazer

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
If I boot from a flash drive and things don't work right would I be able to remove the flash drive and reboot and things be just as they were before?

Aviskri

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Use a program called rufus to make a bootable usd drive with the win 10 iso, everything should be ok, and if not you can use the recovery partition to reboot everything.

web1b

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
It can be installed on an HP Stream 13 with touchscreen. So, it can probably be installed on others.
I downloaded the ISO and created a FAT32 rufus boot USB disk. It installed easily.
Only problem was that is was painfully slow until the HP drivers were installed and the Synaptics touchpad driver that was installed by Microsoft was uninstalled and replaced with the version from the HP site. I was about to go back to the factory image until I replaced the touchpad driver.
So far everything is working, but there is very little disk space remaining since I didn't remove the recovery partition.
Since I have backed up the recovery to USB, I will probably delete the recovery partition and expand the C drive to recover another 8GB of usable space.
win10.JPG

Max Tapia

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
honestly, I have the stream 13 and at this moment I'm running windows 10 and didn't have any kind of issue with the installation

Kyso Lim

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
I've got a new stream 13 and getting a message that i need 5.1 more gb of free space to install. Really? Not happy. i'm no techy, i just want to get rid of this damned windows 8 that came with the laptop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99