Cannot upgrade from Build 9879 to the new build.

waeras

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I have problems upgrading to the new build. At first I tried from PC Settings -> Update and recovery -> Preview Builds.

There it first downloads (takes forever), then starts the installation (takes even longer), before it gives me either error code 0x80070050 (the first two tries) or 0x8024001E (the third try)

Picture: failedtoinstall.PNG

I've tried rebooting, disconnecting usb-devices, restarting the windows update service (net stop wuauserv, and net start wuauserv, also tried renaming softwaredistributions to softwaredistributions.old in hope that it would re-download the whole shebang.)

Finally after a few hours I gave up and tried the ISO.
I've tried installing from the ISO twice, first time I just mounted it and ran the installation, second time I created a bootable USB and installed. Both times it installs (takes forever) and then give me this error just as it's about to restart:

Picture:
failed2.PNG

I haven't tried a clean install yet, can do that as a last resort, but would rather get this working without having to delete all files etc, so any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :smile:

SamAtwater

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I also repro. New install of 9879, followed by updates and restarts. It also fails attempting to run Windows 2012 Essentials client. I'm going to clean install of 9926 next.

Herb Endricott

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
have same issue yesterday pressed by misstake rollup on 9926 boot screen and its restored my old 9879 so now cannot update it back dont want to lose all files any one have clue how to do it back to 9926?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett