My Surface Pro 3 is not working

mtb1

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
it just keeps flashing, nothing works! I try too click on something and before I do, it flashes. I should have went with my gut and not updated. Anyone else have this issue?? My desktop isn't much better either! fml... :angry::angry::angry:

SleepingWeasle

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Connect it to an external display. Press WIN + P if necessary to show the display on the external monitor. You should then be able to run the windows updates that resolve this.

muness

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue and it was because I had installed the hd5000 driver from Intel. Safe mode and removed the driver took care of it.

sunfir222

May 29, 2014
Visit site
so - what driver can be installed for the graphics? I had the same problem - had to reinstall Win 8.1 with USB.. took forever :D

just hangs and reboots all the time was my problem.

Ekon

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm also having this issue.. Just installed the preview, was very excited, now I'm getting the flashing screen not able to click anything.

iainberryman

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I had the same thing, here's how to fix:

1. Connect your Surface Pro 3 to an external display (I used my TV using the display port)
2. Run windows update from All settings/Update & Recovery/Update
3. Restart the Surface (KEEP THE EXTERNAL DISPLAY CONNECTED!)
4. Go to Intel's website and download drivers for the graphics - Laptop/HD 4200/Version ending .4080
5. Restart the Surface (KEEP THE EXTERNAL DISPLAY CONNECTED!)
6. Log into Windows and then disconnect the external display, Tada!!

The final step is optional, if you're like me and find almost no apps work, revert back to 8.1 and wait for the Consumer Release.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Iain.

sunfir222

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I had the same thing, here's how to fix:

1. Connect your Surface Pro 3 to an external display (I used my TV using the display port)
2. Run windows update from All settings/Update & Recovery/Update
3. Restart the Surface (KEEP THE EXTERNAL DISPLAY CONNECTED!)
4. Go to Intel's website and download drivers for the graphics - Laptop/HD 4200/Version ending .4080
5. Restart the Surface (KEEP THE EXTERNAL DISPLAY CONNECTED!)
6. Log into Windows and then disconnect the external display, Tada!!

The final step is optional, if you're like me and find almost no apps work, revert back to 8.1 and wait for the Consumer Release.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Iain.

Hi!

Thx, maybe I will give it another go.. tested 2 times to install Win10 - just the same **** with flashing screen :)

This has maybe been answered before; but is there an ETA on the Consumer Release?

BR,

Haakon

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon