Unable to Upgrade from December Build (9879) - Won't Download

zikifer

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Naturally, I was very excited to learn that they pushed the January update a few days early, so as soon as I got home this evening I started up my SP3 and checked for updates. It told me there was a new preview build available, and so I pressed the Download Now button. Then... nothing. Basically what happens is the Download Now button greys out and a little spinny appears next to it, but nothing else never happens. Using Task Manager to look at my network traffic and there basically isn't any, just a few short bursts of a few Kps every second or so. If I click away from the Preview Builds section (to say Windows Update) and then back to Preview Builds, it seems to have forgotten I pressed the download button as there is it, ready to be clicked again.

I've check Windows Update and there are no outstanding updates to install. The Insider App suggested downloading and installing two updates manually - did that, still nothing. I even tried doing Recovery, the "Refresh your PC without affecting your files" option. No go.

I have my main PC downloading the ISO for the latest build, I intend to put that on a thumb drive tomorrow to see if I can force it. But before I do that does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss