One drive dont work in latest build / no app / no sync

pawelf1

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday i instaled newest build, and since then One drive dosent work.

I still have my folder, and after 1 logon one drive showed me a screen to pick folder to sync i pick the same folder but since then it dosent work

There is no sync icon in taskbar, no app in all aplications, the microsoft troubleshoter dosent work with this build yet.

What to do?

There is some app onedrive shortcut in autostart but when i try to start it i have an error.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
something to try:

the onedrive.exe should be located here:
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

is onedrive running under task manager? end the task or close it from system tray if it's there.
move files from your onedrive folder temporarily to a safe place. Delete the onedrive folder (should be in C:\Users\YourUserName\OneDrive )
right click Start, click run and type C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

if you do have the onedrive executable in the folder above, try to start it. It should try to run you through the setup routine to use OneDrive. It should create the OneDrive folder new and you can then move the temporarily moved files back and let it sync to what you choose.

not saying this will work, but worth a shot.

​good luck

Last edited:

pawelf1

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
In that folder that you mention i didnt find onedrive.exe but there were folders with version numbers like 17.3.4597.0109_13 and inside was onedrive setup, i tried to instal but it only showed some error but in compabiliti mode with Windows XP SP3 it instaled it and its working for me ;-)

I dont know is it the latest build of onedrive, or is it the Windows 10 version but it works so good for me

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05