Can't play youtube

adamszeto

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I installed Windows 10 January Technical Preview. I try to play youtube or other online video. The IE crashed with message "Internet Explorer has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". Anyone is facing this too ?

tdb1

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem playing any videos - YouTube, Netflix (app or in IE), NFL app. Sometimes the video plays briefly before it crashes, but it always crashes.

Update: actually just found that YouTube videos play fine in Chrome, but keep crashing in IE. Same with Netflix.

Last edited:

misterff1

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Question to all of you in here that have the issue: Did you upgrade or do a clean install? Upgrades are heavily unstable on this build as I noticed myself and heard from quite a few other people.

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
hmm. definitely see an issue with the upgrade path and video. Did a vpn in to my system at work that I upgraded from the previous build and after about 10 seconds of video the app crashes and my remote desktop session locks up. No issue with the clean install version 9926 I am using at home.

Matthew Hypolite

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,. I was having the same issue with IE after updating to latest build, not just youtube but any web video would crash the IE Tab.
I've found a fix:

settings->internet options->advanced->
Select: "Use Software rendering instead of GPU rendering"

After enabling that option and restarting IE everything works fine now.

tdb1

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Matthew's fix got YouTube working for me. Unfortunately, Netflix still won't work in IE or in the Netflix app, although it works on Chrome just fine. Also can't run videos in other apps, like Reddhub.

Metalx224

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
I had a problem with Netflix a while ago with an update for Windows 8. I think it had something to do with a sound card up date. Try reinstalling a previous version of the sound card and try that.

Metalx224

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,. I was having the same issue with IE after updating to latest build, not just youtube but any web video would crash the IE Tab.
I've found a fix:

Mine still isn't working. It doesn't crash, but it doesn't seem to want to play the video even after it buffers. Any other help?

adamszeto

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I've found a fix:

It works. Thank you.

Tracie Lay

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I updated to Windows 10 and when I tried to watch Netflix it would play the sound but not the video/picture. When I looked up the troubleshooting forums about it, it said that i needed to set my AMD back to the factory setting and that would solve the problem. I set my AMD back to the factory setting but nothing changed. How do I fix the problem with Netflix? Any help is much appreciated.

theandrees11

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Ihave the exact same problem, plus, i can't play videos on Netflix.:angry::angry::angry:

The exact same thing happens to me! i also have the AMD thing, i've tried installing drivers and stuff but its just impossible to fix it.

i updated to windows 10 and when i tried to watch netflix it would play the sound but not the video/picture. When i looked up the troubleshooting forums about it, it said that i needed to set my amd back to the factory setting and that would solve the problem. I set my amd back to the factory setting but nothing changed. How do i fix the problem with netflix? Any help is much appreciated.

please!

Last edited by a moderator:

bill749

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
My laptop came with Win10 already installed. This problem has apparently only just arisen today. I get a message "An error has occurred. Please try again later." on all YouTube videos. There has been an update to Win10 in the last couple of days - is this another Microsoft screw-up?

The IE app does not have the settings that are mentioned elsewhere in this thread - only very basic ones (including "advanced" settings!)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss